Prophecy major bug :(

Catch22

Spaceman
G'Day guys!

After hours of joyful alien blasting I was ready to defend the Midway against an attack.
I was briefed an jumped into my ship ready to kick some alien butt... *Mission data loading* dam di dam di dam... and what happens?!?!? Your Carrier was lost!!! How the hell did this happen??? I wasn't even allowd to engage the NME!!! Just as I was about to start the mission my crrier was lost... A major bug or what?!?!?! If anyone can help me plz mail me ASAP!!!!

The mission is called "Hrissith 639.6 Plasma gun defense"

I've looked for a patch but haven't found any....

Just play the sim mission 6 or 7 for a while, you don't have to win, just play them.
smile.gif

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Last edited by a moderator:
This was one of the weridest bugs in WCP. Does anyone remember the technical reason behind the workaround? If there ever was one...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Don't know the technical thing, but I think there's a file, that thinks the Midway is already destroyed (because Midway was either very heavily damaged or destroyed when you landed) playing the sim missions resets that file. Never had that problem myself though.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

The autosave file becomes damaged sometimes and sim mission 6+7 somehow regenerate the file.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Back