Prophecy Gold Strategy Guide

Death's Head

Spaceman
Has anyone heard of this guidebook out there?

I want to know if someone has it if they could tell me what additions they made before I look into getting one. I used to have the original guide, but I donated it to someone who needed much help getting through the missions and was curious about ships and weapons stats.

------------------
Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.

The Prophecy Gold guide was started, but I'm not sure if it was ever finished. It was scrapped, probably because someone thought it wouldn't sell well.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

The Prophecy Gold Guide was cancelled when Secret Ops was released as a free addon rather than as a for-sale addon. Prima/IMGS/whoever figured nobody would pay for help with something free.

WHICH IS WHY NOBODY LIKES FREESPACE! HAHA! Wait... no...

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

LOAF, how could you? Calling SO an add-on is evil, EVIL I tell you.

Anyhow, was it supposed to be the Prophecy guide with the help for SO missions, or a completely new thing, with new bios and stats?

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Are you sure, after all prophecy gold was sold with the missions?

I would think there would be more pages with stats and data for enhanced missiles and new guns, enhanced ships, and new capships. But if it was never published...

------------------

Question: why is SO considered a seperate game, and not an add-on? You don't need Prophecy to play it, but you didn't need Jedi Knight to play Mysteries of the Sith, and that was an add-on (well, it checked to see if you owned Jedi Knight, but that was stupid and served no purpose. JK didn't even have to be installed.) In fact, Mysteries of the Sith was much more different from Jedi Knight than SO is from Prophecy. So, I don't get it. Is it just a technical thing, as in, Origin said it's a new game, so it is?

I thought I saw it for sale on some internet site, the name of which I can't remember. That's why I was wondering if it was not published for sure.

Anyway if it was published I'd probably get it because I gave a away the other guide I had.

------------------

Farlander said:
Question: why is SO considered a seperate game, and not an add-on? You don't need Prophecy to play it, but you didn't need Jedi Knight to play Mysteries of the Sith, and that was an add-on (well, it checked to see if you owned Jedi Knight, but that was stupid and served no purpose. JK didn't even have to be installed.) In fact, Mysteries of the Sith was much more different from Jedi Knight than SO is from Prophecy. So, I don't get it. Is it just a technical thing, as in, Origin said it's a new game, so it is?

Exactly because of the reason you gave. It doesen't require Prophecy, or any other WC game for that matter, so it's not an add-on because it doesen't add to anything. Besides, it has much more missions than most add-ons, it has tons of new ships and weapons, and a slightly updated engine. And even though it doesen't have much story, even when you include the fiction, doesen't make it an add-on.
biggrin.gif
No, SO isn't a new, full blown SP game, but it also isn't an add-on (and anyone who says it's an add-on is an ignorant bast*** (j/k)
smile.gif
).

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Last edited by a moderator:
Farlander said:
The people who made Mysteries of the Sith said it's an add-on, so it is?
cool.gif
. Add-ons require something else to play. So SO is not an add-on. Nor is MotS for that matter.

Last edited:
Back