Prophecy demo

Cheater

Spaceman
Hey, I haven't gotten a chance to download the prophecy demo off their site yet,(yes i know it's been there forever, but hey)is it any good?

I wish they'd throw in more missions. It only had three, and they weren't to interesting. The attack on the carrier was cool though, I remember my Shark had 96% core damage when I first played that mission.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I'd like to see a ship with faster firing turrets like the corvette's fighter turrets.

boy would it be tough tangling with a pair of deystoyers with turrets like that.
redface.gif

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited February 07, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean kind of like those Flak Cannons in the earlier WC games (Those sucked until you figured out how to deal with them properly)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Damn the demo had extra missions? Nobody told me that. And whats a Shark?

How bigs the demo? If it's small enough I'll download it
smile.gif

A Shark, as Earthworm so quaintly put it, is simply the Tigershark
smile.gif
And there are indeed four missions. The second of these appears to be an alternative version of the Convoy Rescue mission from WCP. And the fourth mission is a losing mission (isn't it kind of silly to put branches in when there are only four missions altogether?).

Anyway, yes, the demo is fairly large. I'm probably wrong here, but I think it's 38mb with the additional movies. Is it worth it?
...That depends on how bored you are
smile.gif

The demo, with the optional 20-odd MB FMV pack, is a bit under 60MB.

Not too much for my ADSL link.</brag>

wink.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

60mb? I thought 38 looked like too little...

Hmm... Well, at least I don't have to pay for my connection
smile.gif
. And it's pretty fast at night, when I don't have to share it with the rest of the university.... I'm thinking of permanently switching to a nocturnal lifestyle
smile.gif
. Unfortunately, it would interfere with my classes.

It is about 38 meg without the optional FMV..
You can make do without the FMV...it's just the same CAG briefing stuff, one of the Rachel "welcome home" scenes, and the Tigershark launch scene.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Back