problem with difficulty setting

gevatter Lars

Vice Admiral
I got a quite strange problem. When changing the difficulty to anything different then Ace the game becomes quite unstable...or at least the Sim missions. I also got the impression that in Nightmare it was easier then Ace.

Has that happend before or did you made a fix difficulty so that everyone would play the same level on the scoreboard?

Speaking of the scoreboard is a higher difficulty level rewared higher then lower ones or is it just "the more kills the higher the points"

PS: I have just installed SP2 for XP...maybe that is causing problems...are their any known problems with SP2?

the scoring system is explained in great details on the How The Scoreboard Works page. Basicly, a simple kill is 10 points x difficulty setting (so it's 10 to 50 points). There are other important score factors to keep in mind such as quick kills and ship handicap.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know this problem

on my last Crossbowrun I played at nighmare, but the enemies were really really easy. No one fored the rocks at all that's why I could get such a high score^^

Sometimes the Nightmarelevel is rally easy and ace really hard, i do not know why

Maybe the AI is suprised that someone realy tries that level ^_^
Still I got sometimes errors when playing the gauntlet missions. Ranging from simple graphic glitches like a second radar or shield display to CTD. Didn't encountered that before SP2 for XP.
System is running stable for all other programs.

gevatter Lars said:
Still I got sometimes errors when playing the gauntlet missions. Ranging from simple graphic glitches like a second radar or shield display to CTD.
What you described is an original WCP bug (wich also plagued UE's gauntlet) that is supposed to be fixed with the Episode 3 patch. Install it.

Back