Problem with capturing Kilrah Capship

U

Unregistered

It's a real pleasure for me to play this mod, folks!!! Great respect!!! But i can't understand, how can i capture a Kilrathi Capship in one of thirst missions? And - can i do it at all or not? I am flying to Nav point "Dralthi-Wactoh", get a message about finding new Nav, go there on afterburners - to find nothing but a couple of Kilrah heavy fighters! Mission failed. What should i do? Help me, please!
P.S.: Sorry for my English, had no training some time.

If all you saw were a few fighters, that means you took too long getting there - the very moment you get that comm message, you have to get on afterburners, especially if you're flying the Scimitar (with the Epee, you have a little more latitude, because it's faster). The mission is designed in such a way that any delays will result in you failing the mission.

You definitely have to fly fast using afterburners all the way. Don't fight anything unless its directly in your path and then just fire some rounds from your weapons (no missiles) and continue past it. They will follow you or your wingmen will deal with them.

A couple of times I've played I've had the fighters from the navpoint where they tell you to chase down the capital ship follow me all the way to the ship. They are usually so far back though you do not need to worry about them.

Just keep heading towards the navpoint where the suspected cap ship is at full afterburner. Even with the Scimitar you should reach it with just enough afterburner fuel left to use in combat if you fly and fight smartly.

Good luck!!

I usually tell my wingmen to break and attack, to keep the kats of my tail while I burn for the destroyer. Once I reach it, I engage the other fighters while the friendlies defang the ting.

Most likely the save the Ralari mission from WC1... You know... hit the burners and launch all your missiles.:p

Yes, the Ralari mission is the one I'm reminded of. Again, I've never played Unknown Enemy, but the way this mission is described on this thread makes the two missions sound similar.

Hehe, I suspected as much... but the similarity ends with afterburner usage :). The mission itself is completely different, since you're not trying to rescue a capship under attack, but rather to find a capship, knock out all of its turrets, and then protect a friendly shuttle as it docks with the capship. So, very different indeed... it wasn't until Standoff that we managed to do a decent clone of the Ralari mission :D.

If I may ask, which mission are you referring to? The 'save the Sao Paulo' one? Or the part where you have to save the TCS Francis Drake? (So far, I've only managed to save the Drake without cheating once).

Sao Paulo. The Drake missions are also fairly difficult, but they're much less characteristic, especially since they're never actually about the Drake.

Thanks. :)

That Sao Paulo mission did remind me of Kurasawa 2, though saving the Sao Paulo (once you know that you have to shoot the torpedoes, that is :p ) is in my opinion easier than saving the Ralari... But then, I've always played WC1 on a portable computer (unlike Standoff - I use a big computer with a regular mouse), and playing WC1 without a regular mouse (or keyboard, or joystick) is very difficult.

Back