Privateer

Yes, on certain stations/planets (starting with New Detroit) you get to talk to some guys in bars which give you missions which further the plot begun in the intro.

Does anyone fly Sandovol's mission? Or do you just take off and then land right back on New Detroit like I do?

I never knew that could be done, so yes of course I fly the missions as supposed by the game.

I noticed that, even when you delivered the cargo, you didn't get paid. How odd. I'ma try that to save time . . . if I ever get it running again.

I've always flown it. I usually pile a triple patrol mission simultaneously so I still get paid for a flight. I didn't know you could just land again until I read the CIC guides.

A triple patrol? I thought you were allowed to schedule only three missions at a time, including plot missions, which would limit you to two missions on top of the Sandoval mision.

Nope. You can have I think one plot mission, plus three normal missions.

Triple patrols are serious cash in a system like Oxford.

Nah, triple bounties are great for systems like Oxford, where there are only a few neighbouring systems. Patrols are okay in New Detroit, where there are plenty of nav points == greater compensation.

Back