Privateer Runs In Windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool!

But the true question is "Is it playable on current systems??" I'd like to play it again but if I can't play it at a decent speed then it's not worth buying the software.

WOW! IT RUNS IN VIRTUALPC??!?

Wait... I'm not suprised... that's not a huge accomplishment at all...

*Shrug* It runs, anyway. And in WinXP. No crazy antics with configuration files or registry. More people will be able to enjoy the game now. That's enough for me to call it an accomplishment.

Interesting! Perhaps this virtualpc software could be extended for Win9x machines too.

I think its neat!

RFB
The Anomalies Network TEM forum moderator

I hope this can stem the tide of all those Tech Support requests asking for help to make Privateer run on their machine. :)

I don't see why it would... It's a commericial program that most wouldn't pay for... also, this has been possible for a while. It's a virtual machine that you run another OS on.

Originally posted by TC
I don't see why it would... It's a commericial program that most wouldn't pay for...
Oh, I thought it was that emulator or something someone somewhere was working on which was mentioned here sometime recently. Must be something wrong with my grammar today, or something. :)

armada5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I wanted to find my picture of "Privateer" running on a GBA emulator. Actually I just figured out how to make a GBA ROM that displays a picture. But then I found that and remembered I had actually done a successful emulation thing so I used that instead.

Actuly of you know how to make .PIF files (throw backs to windows 2) You can make almost any dos program work in Windows 9X.

The only program I've not been able to make work is a phone anwering systme for an old XT. The systems card requires a specific clock speed that unfortinatly is only found in XT motherboards.

to solve the speed problem coused by todays high speed processors, there is a slowdown program called atslow. Thow its hard to figure out how to make it work, it works with 96-98% of the programs.

I use it to run the old XCom: Ufo Defence game at its correct speed (maybe a little fast), on my Pent 3 500.

with a mixture of PIF and Atslow I can run WC:privateer, WC:Acadamy, and WC:Armada. The last one seems to have a bug in it that makes it to crash after 15 min of play, even on a 486 SX 66.

Back