Privateer Remake on Windows 8.1?

Minuteman

1st Lieutenant
Has anyone had any issues getting Privateer Remake up and going? I can get Vega Strike going, but when I install Privateer Remake and start it, it closes with the "encountered and error" thing.

I've been craving some privateer action, and while the original and Gemini Gold do scratch that itch, I wanted to check out the remake.

Thanks in advance for any help offered, and apologies if I am aiming this the wrong direction!

I found some stuff about it in the vegastrike forum, but it hasn't had a post in over a year. Here's what looks like it might be a relevant thread for you. Personally, I didn't even know the Privateer Remake ever got to a playable state. I know Gemini Gold was more or less finished, but I thought the other two projects died out before they got to that point.

Thanks for the response. I'll dig around there and see what I can find. The download I have of the remake is 1.2, so I assumed it was a working release. But you know what they say when you assume things...

And Gemini Gold (especially with one of the mods found in the forums) is pretty playable and fun. But I wanted to see how it compares to the remake.

Back