Privateer: Remake - How to buy Kilrathi ships?

Plasteel Skull

Commodore
Got few questions concerning Privateer: Remake - I know, this is not a thread dedicated to this game, but still PR and PGG have much in common and I thought, that someone here can help me:

1. How to buy Kilrathi ships (I know where). My standing with Cats in game is approximately 70, but I still can't purchase any of their ships.
2. How to control a turret - I've bought a turret but when I press F5 button only another back view appears and nothing happens. Somewhere I've read, that a pilot must bu tractored to the ship in order to get the turret to shoot. Please, give me some hint.

Thanks in advance and sorry for PR post here.

PR does have its own forums, on sourceforge.net. You're more likely to get the answer you seek there. There's no requirement to register to post, though it can make things a little easier if you do so.

PR homepage

As for your question, in order to unlock the Kilrathi fighters for purchase, you must complete the pirate branch of the bonus campaign (in other words, you must deliver the Ultimate to Speke rather than dumping it and reporting to Destinee). The final pirate mission will have you delivering catnip to the Kilrathi asteroid depot. From that point onward, as long as you are friendly with the Kilrathi, you can purchase fighters at the depot. Be aware that you can not purchase upgrades there, so you will be unable to fly the fighters immediately--you should instead switch back to the fighter you arrived in, then fly to Perry (which nearly always has every available upgrade in stock), and then have the fighter brought to you under the "my fleet" menu. You can then upgrade it.

Ijuin said:
As for your question, in order to unlock the Kilrathi fighters for purchase, you must complete the pirate branch of the bonus campaign (in other words, you must deliver the Ultimate to Speke rather than dumping it and reporting to Destinee). The final pirate mission will have you delivering catnip to the Kilrathi asteroid depot. From that point onward, as long as you are friendly with the Kilrathi, you can purchase fighters at the depot. Be aware that you can not purchase upgrades there, so you will be unable to fly the fighters immediately--you should instead switch back to the fighter you arrived in, then fly to Perry (which nearly always has every available upgrade in stock), and then have the fighter brought to you under the "my fleet" menu. You can then upgrade it.
Thanks Iluin, you've helped me a lot.

Back