Privateer Play Speed

areiel

Spaceman
Last night, I reloaded Privateer onto my desktop, hoping to replay what was one of my favorite games three years back.

But to my dismay, I found the controls virtually unplayable (at least by me) on my 500-Mhz machine; everything happened way too fast.

Does anyone know how to get the game to perform at the same speed as it did on the 133Mhz box I first played the game on?

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Areiel
------
areiel@dmres.com

You should use moslo to slowdown the game in DOS, though I never used it, so I wouldn't know where to find it and how to install it.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

i played privateer once it had really weird videos in it and everyone had accents like captain picard (french??)

Ziggy

------------------
Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly,
The Spiders From Mars
He played it left hand, but made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

Thanks for your replies EW and SW. I downloaded MoSlo last night, but sadly, it did not seem to accomplish anything.

Can you give me more information on Turbo? I wasn't able to locate it on this site (though that may very well be due to my own insetimable density)

Thanks again,

Areiel
areiel@dmres.com

Ziggy:picard is supposed to be
French, but is potrayed by a very British actor (Patrick Stewart) hence the accent.
I gather that you played Priv2. The cutscenes were made in Europe hence Britain's finest actors and their very British accents.

Man, I need to get some sleep...

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Ziggy Stardust said:
i played privateer once it had really weird videos in it and everyone had accents like captain picard (french??)

Ziggy

Don't you mean Privateer 2: The Darkening?

Back