Privateer Missions

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Something that's always bothered me - why are missions involving the Kilrathi so cheap? Sure, Gemini isn't exactly the front lines, but I'd expect that any Kilrathi that did get that deep into Gemini would constitute a threat. Killing pirates gets you more money than Kilrathi, and those bozo Retros give you even more. I'm not really complaining, Retros are always good for easy cash, but I mean, they're still at war in 2669, wouldn't you think?

And Kilrathi are a lot tougher than those retros as well!

Probably the reason is that few Kilrathi ever make it in that deep and those that do have the confed after them. If a mercenary doesn't get them, the confed will and the confed have to kill them.

Im just gessing but I think its because the melisha and confed is around ageinst the kilrathi so I gess there esnt as much of a need for privateers.

------------------
I dont think we have been intraduced.Im Hawk your dead! -Hawk(ICEMAN)

Who`s Melisha?
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I am curious too, who's Miss Banks?

Also, I guess not all the Kilrathi in Gemini are necessarily military either. They could be in it for cash as much as the privateers are. After all, why in heck would they trade with Governor Menesch?

But really running the Confed blockades is so easy, but wouldn't the Confed put out an alert that Kilrathi have got through to their space? Such an alert would increase the price on the Kilrathi wouldn't it?

Melissa Banks is some chick in P2 that you save. Unfortunately, I couldn't save her, so I can't tell you much more than that.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Hmmmm, saving chicks... Isn't that kinda worn out by now? I wonder what other inspiring material there is in P2. Perhaps someone can convince me of its worth for me to bother finding a copy of it to play. From what I hear of it here, it seems so loosely 'based' on WC that its not worth it. Anyone care to disagree?

Yeah, how bout we save one of those hot robot, males from beyond the moon for a change.

Seriously, as a heterosexual male, what's so bad about saving chicks?
smile.gif
There are always people that need help, and just because sometimes they happen to be chicks doesn't make it unoriginal.

And yes, I'll care to disagree.

Speaking of Privateer (allbeit 2) and saving women... Wouldn't it be fun to save the pleasure planet bartender chick from P1. Man, was she HOT!

Sorry, just had to throw that in there. Continue the discussion.

No I am definitely not going there, Earthworm
smile.gif

And er, yeah, rescuing a 2D 256-coloured lady would be nice... for a change.
smile.gif

You save lots of people in Privateer 2. Men and women. You can bitch all you want about Privateer 2... some people spend their lives doing this... but you *cannot* call it unoriginal (it's full of some weeeeird stuff) (G)

Yes, I'd have to agree that Privateer 2 has some rather... strange stuff.
wink2.gif

------------------

It's the unconventionalness (from the point of the WCU) of P2 that bothers me. I think. It's the only thing missing from my WC collection, and I don't think I'll miss it.

The "Surgeons' Blunder" bar.

Wedge: it's not such a bad game. The story is fairly good and the acting is IMHO better than your average WC game. One of the actresses in the first few minutes of the opening was the Star Labs scientists in the Flash serial. The first bartender you meet was the Story Teller. Think I saw him somewhere else too ... Contact???

I can understand not liking Privateer 2 if you've played it... but how the heck can you not like it and have *never* played it? It's got the same gameplay and high quality FMV/story as the rest of Wing Commander...

steampunk: John Hurt's a pretty well-known actor, actually. He was the Elephant Man, for one thing...
wink2.gif

------------------

There is no difference in the way you fly your ship. He means the keyboard commands, since those are completly different than in previous games. But asside from most of the guns firing about as fast as lasers from previous games, and missiles being less effective than in WC3/WC4, it's gameply is the same, with a story that I like more than the first Priv, or Prophecy.

Back