privateer is still nothing compared to First Encounters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandit LOAF said:
We're more than happy to ban the whole of the Czech Republic to get rid of one troll.

oh yes, it says something about you and your culture

I don't think Wing Commander fans are so self deluded or self important as to consider being fans of a video game a "culture".

actually, it says something about domain.

if you don't like someone in your house, you can tell them to get out.

Loaf is the big boy around here, so you're in his domain.

if he doesn't like you, he can do whatever. it's his business.

-scheherazade

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't think Wing Commander fans are so self deluded or self important as to consider being fans of a video game a "culture".

I am talking about your culture where you have grown up, not about some "game culture"... I am talking about the threat strategy you are using against me,
texas ranger, what about to apply capital punishment on me, ha? You have the power to ban me, why not use it, right? this is not a symetric relation... really nice culture

scheherazade0xf said:
actually, it says something about domain.

if you don't like someone in your house, you can tell them to get out.

Loaf is the big boy around here, so you're in his domain.

if he doesn't like you, he can do whatever. it's his business.

-scheherazade

so this is an AUTOCRATIC or DESPOTIC forum? that is what you had in mind? hmmm

Hehe, Texas Ranger.

I don't really think "play by the rules or you'll be banned" is really a threat -- it's just how rules work. I would extend the same 'threat' to every user here.

if the rules are threating, is it ok?
ok ranger, it was nice talking to you, but next time, just don't use word "ban" when you're talking to someone. It is not very nice, especially when the other didn't do anything really bad...

Dang, another honorable and worthwhile attempt at peaceful cooperation and the coexistence of cultures goes flush... That makes me sad.

But in earnest: Some times I really can't distinguish between people who troll deliberately, and those who don't have full command of English and just do literal translations.
It's sometimes a translation problem that goes beyond vocabulary and grammar and goes into cultural contexts and cues...

...but looking back at this thread - well, maybe not this time.

incognito, got anything better to do than troll? then please do..

... how about locking/deleting this thread?

Despotic is rather the nature of something that's controlled by the people who sweated to build it - they made it and they're usually (rightly) reluctant to give it away. When the owners start repressing free speech that can be a bad thing, but that's not an issue here in my mind. You came in and said "YOU SUCK!!!111" in a way that proves you stayed awake during English class. Unique? Not really. We're hated all over the world, usually for far better reasons than our choice of computer game.

Sheesh... universities all over the world are apparently giving their students less stuff to destroy in their home college town, prompting excessive trolling on the internet... let's start a global movement for a required riot zone in each U where people can go blow off steam, be political, get tear gassed, at their convenience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back