Privateer 3??

I think we should kick the heads of EA out and put LOAF in there. He'd fix everything! :)

Originally posted by LeHah
I think we should kick the heads of EA out and put LOAF in there. He'd fix everything! :)

RIGHT ON !!!

Wait a minute, I really dig the Fifa games, and I don't see LOAF as a soccer fan... :)

i think EA is avoiding the question. this is the second time a person that i sent an email to referred me to a different email address to write to. i dunno...

If EA doesn't anticipate selling 500,000 units in one week of launch, it doesn't want any part of the product. Sad but true.

So lets get some under qualified moron to tell them it will, I mean look at all the **** they've been releasing, they must buy into anything :)

And down with Fifa! I may not be a soccer fan but even I know that ISS is far better than Fifa.

Originally posted by Pedro

And down with Fifa! I may not be a soccer fan but even I know that ISS is far better than Fifa.
Gameplay-wise maybe...

But graphic-wise, Fifa2k1 is by far superior to any soccer game...
And yet, I even prefer Virtua Striker 2001! :)

But the gameplay is what makes it SOCCER!!! I don't want some arcade game (EA=Evil Arcade?). Just because its licensed by FIFA (another organisation where money is all important), doesn't mean its the best! Nor does its graphics. :)

Playstation generation? I agree, lets wipe them out (of course save the WC adoring ones!). I would say Western human civilisation is on the verge of collapse seeing this new generation (it saddens me, I'm only 18).

What has it been fuelled by? Evil corporations such as EA, Sony, McDonalds, Microsoft etc. Lets support the little bloke! Next question is, who is the 'little bloke' in this day and age? (obviously DA isn't now)

Time to show that age doen't affect naivety....
Just a simple question: how many WC fans do y'all think we could reach from here on, esp with the help and efforts of Baron LOAF?

There are tons of sites, and look at how many people actually went to WC the Movie....

so, how about setting up a petition or query worldwide with pre-registration option for a wing commander sequel? i bet we outnumber that scrappy 500,000.
mailing a reference to the poll site might convince EA there's still money in it all...

or maybe we all are fans but not willing to pay $60 for a WC sequel, why buy when you can copy, huh (i agree to that on most games, but collecting WC as a real fan means you want to lay your hands on the original stuff, right?)

There have already been many attempts for petitions for new WC stuff but most were unsuccessful. You can't raise so much voices. The WC music CD was a splendid success though for a petition.

Its because we were petitioning to people who lissen. If you petition the right people and not some huge corporation, you'll fare better.

I still think we should ask Forstchen to write those two WC novels that Andrew Keith was going to write. :(

Writers write what the people who pay them tell them to write.

The music 'petition' worked because the people who were already considering doing the CD wanted to see if enough people would be interested. And that's very different from having a couple of names and some poorly written comments delivered to some random guy at Electronic Arts, who's got enough on his mind already.

ohhh that's defaitism!

So... let's take care it's not just a "couple"of names,
that the comments are written by the best writers we can recruit from the ranks of WC fans,
that the guy at EA (if it has to be EA, why not Chris Robert's firm? It's HIS baby we're talking about here) is not a randomly chosen one.
I for one think the CIC has a load more capacity that most of the individual members think.
Have we all grown to become a collection of sarcastic WC fans with no hope at all that this winning streak of games will ever get a sequel? Are we just sitting here and waiting for the games to be so outdated that they cannot even be played anymore on what at that time is a current computer?
All of you like to be playing a fighter pilot.. okay, tackle this challenge like a fighter pilot then. Mekt-Hakkikt, be the Major General! no whining like "tried before... can't.."
And Kris... ouch.. you disappoint me there.
Is anyone taking this board seriously, or is it just a place to spout sarcasm and leer at each other?
(in which case I'd better start howling with the rest of the wolves)

Chris Roberts,I believe,has already stated said that he would return to the Wing universe given the right opportunity.I am sure he will still appreciate the fact that fans still care about his universe.In light of this,instead of petitions,this applies to Origin/EA as well,I think that it would be better, if you must send something ,to just send a mature thoughtful note stating how you appreciate the games and not sounding like you are demanding something.Of course this won't change there minds,but it will show that the fans still care for the product.

Back to Chris Roberts.I think that he will return to his universe someday.It is just that he needs to build his reputation and such up.Making a second Wing Commander now,assuming any studio would even do it,would be suicide.On the other hand,if he makes a couple of hits and establishes his name as a somewhat reputable director ,studios will be more open.That is why I believe he said,one film he definitely would not do anytime soon is a sequel to his Wing movie.Notice that he never said that he would never do one again.

In a way this might actually come out as a blessing in disguise.If the Wing movie did,say, mediocre we would probably have sequels,but they would be forgotten by the main public and probably be average at best.Since the film did so poorly,and since so few people even know of it's existence,he has more of a clean slate.Thus,Chris Roberts could just start from scratch again,and someday go back and reinvent the Wing Serirs with a large budget and turn it into a huge success. And EA seeing the movie's success will make more Wing games and Wing will become famous and prosper on forever...ok It is just a dream,but one I hope will become reality.I am starting to digress, however.

The thing is, CR isn't quite recovered from the DA/Microsoft incident . That's what happens when you pull the rug under the feet of a creative genius. And may I remind you that this was the second time (yes, I do believe that he was "asked to leave"Origin).

Re: ohhh that's defaitism!

Originally posted by Stormbird
[B
Is anyone taking this board seriously, or is it just a place to spout sarcasm and leer at each other?
(in which case I'd better start howling with the rest of the wolves) [/B]

As I recall, "leer" is a term used to refer to the sexual ogling of one sex by the other (usually us guys leering @ the females). As such, I can't say I'd even remotely consider "leering at" another CIC member--as far as I can tell, we're all guys, and I'm a firmly avowed heterosexual. Being a married man, and a Chrisitian, I try to avoid even leering at the ladies, per se. So, this particular question is rather moot...

Originally posted by KrisV
...And that's very different from having a couple of names and some poorly written comments delivered to some random guy at Electronic Arts, who's got enough on his mind already.

My point exactly. We have the correct means of getting attention (The CIC, the fans, the connections the board administrators have to EA, etc) but we mostly go about it in the incorrect fashion. To get the attention of EA, we need, say, 700,000 signitures saying that people would purchase a new Wing Commander game or a new Wing Commander novel.

Re: ohhh that's defaitism!

So... let's take care it's not just a "couple"of names,
that the comments are written by the best writers we can recruit from the ranks of WC fans,
that the guy at EA (if it has to be EA, why not Chris Robert's firm? It's HIS baby we're talking about here) is not a randomly chosen one.

EA owns the rights to Wing Commander, and they're never ever going to let go of them.
I for one think the CIC has a load more capacity that most of the individual members think.

The CIC and this Chat Zone are important, but getting 300 people to vote "Yes" on some poll started here would about make as big a difference as you setting yourself on fire on your town square shouting "Long Live the Confederation! Wing Commander forever (Aaaaarh)!"
Have we all grown to become a collection of sarcastic WC fans with no hope at all that this winning streak of games will ever get a sequel? Are we just sitting here and waiting for the games to be so outdated that they cannot even be played anymore on what at that time is a current computer?

You've got that almost right. I'm fairly certain another game will be made some day. I'm also entirely certain that we won't have anything to do with that decision being made.
And Kris... ouch.. you disappoint me there.
If you think that a few dozen people going "i wants anohter gaem plzzz!" on this board will make the people in charge at EA go "Wow, I see market for this thing!", you need to take a Reality Pill. No one at EA knows you're here, no one would care if they did. You are not going to convince anyone to do anything by posting here.

When the decision to make Wing Commander / Privateer 3 / Privateer Online / etc is made, I guarantee you we will all have had bugger all to do with it. We're just not that important. If you do want to make a difference, become an EA bigshot.

What's the purpose of the CIC and the Chat Zone then? To keep people interested in Wing Commander, and to provide a place to share this interest, until we get our long awaited new game. Which we will.

Re: Re: ohhh that's defaitism!

Originally posted by KrisV
If you think that a few dozen people going "i wants anohter gaem plzzz!" on this board will make the people in charge at EA go "Wow, I see market for this thing!", you need to take a Reality Pill. No one at EA knows you're here, no one would care if they did. You are not going to convince anyone to do anything by posting here.
Perhaps not. However, if we get every gaming guild, modding group, and website involved... PEOPLE! GO OUT TO YOUR GUILDS! TO YOUR COMMUNITIES! SPREAD THE WORD! Perhaps we can bring EA to realize they have a market!

Back