Privateer 2 XP Referenced memory problem fixed!!!

U

Unregistered

I kept getting "The instruction 004173ed referenced memory at 4f41c161. This memory could not be read." everytime I would try and leave a planet and caliberate my joystick. What i did was manually enter values into my DARK.CFG for my joystick (PS to USB interface). That solved the problem. The only step I have left to do is to stop this error from happening when I type alt+o in space. Here is my Dark.cfg file:

D:
C:\DARK
JoyOn 0
ThrottleOn 0
Joy 1
Joy Dead 0.100000
Joy cx 130
Joy cy 130
Joy lx -10
Joy ly -10
Joy rx 250
Joy ry 250
Joy2 1
Joy2 cy 0
Joy2 ly 0
Joy2 ry 0
vid trans 1
anim trans 1
global sound 1
planet music 1
space music 1
space sfx 1
booth sfx 1
comp speech 1
engine noise 1
graphic detail 1
control method 1
orientation 1
invulnerability 0

If you have any questions or further ideas please email me at travis417@hotmail.com.

---Blonde John

I used the patch (HCl Darkening Enhancement patch) and copied my CDs to a folder in my game installation ("P2Dcds") then set Dark.FIX file as
C:\Dark\P2Dcds
C:\Dark
Adding the joystick changes you made didn't help me. Deleting everything in Dark.Fix file except for the file paths did avoid the reference error until I got into the bar scene then it happened again.
I still get the reference memory error after a few cut-scenes. I'm trying the Deluxe version of P2D now. I use the No CD fix which let's me get past the "insert CD 1" issue. But whether I have DarkFix installed ("p2_patch_test3 _Enhancement patch (non-Dos Box) ") I still get this reference memory error. Help?!

Back