Privateer 2 Saved Games Question

Zack Lloyd

Spaceman
I know this is an OLD game, but I have recently started messing with it again, and am hoping that someone can tell me where the saved games are stored on my computer....
I tried C>Program Files>, and C> Program Files(86)> and cannot find a folder named COG in either.
Could someone PLEASE provide me with the correct file path to reach the Privateer 2 folder??
I only need it because I have also recently reinstalled the save game editor for it, and it requires a saved game file to open.
Oh yeah, and THANKS in advance!!

Run the install wizard again and check the default path from there. You can then cancel the installation.

Or search for "Privateer" in Windows, that should locate the installation folder for you.

I know this is an OLD game, but I have recently started messing with it again, and am hoping that someone can tell me where the saved games are stored on my computer....
I tried C>Program Files>, and C> Program Files(86)> and cannot find a folder named COG in either.
Could someone PLEASE provide me with the correct file path to reach the Privateer 2 folder??
I only need it because I have also recently reinstalled the save game editor for it, and it requires a saved game file to open.
Oh yeah, and THANKS in advance!!

If you installed the game to it's default directory you'll find the game files under C:\>dark

If you installed the GoG version you'll find it installed under C:\>GOG Games

If you installed to a different directory and can't recall what directory you installed to yourself can try a regedit search for dark.exe or even the word GOG. Should point you to the installation path.

Last edited:
Back