Privateer 2. How to make the throttle work.

Ansark

Spaceman
Hi.

I've been recently tinkering with Privateer 2 to run it as best as it can. I've installed the Enhancement Patch and managed to fix some issues I had with it. The joystick itself works and calibrates fine, but, as for now, I have been unable to use my throttle.

I use Joystick Gremlin so that the game thinks my HOTAS setup is a single joystick. As a last resort, I could map the throttle to the + and - keys (that's how I've been using it in all WC titles except Prophecy), but I would like to know other options first.

My setup as for now is a combo of a Gladiator NXT Evo (Kosmosima frip) + Thrustmaster TWCS.

I had no problems using this same setup with a functional throttle in WC Prophecy, but, for some reason, Privateer 2 seems to be more finicky.

Just making sure you did this part, but you can access the game options while in-flight with Alt + O, just click Joystick / Throttle Flight Control and the throttle should work.

Assuming this is what you already did, another issue may be that games of this era usually only recognize the first controller connected to Windows, so the game is only recognizing your Gladiator. If this is the case and choosing vJoy as your preferred controller in joy.cpl is not working, you will need to use something like HidHide to hide your other controllers so Privateer 2 thinks vJoy is the only controller connected to your PC.

Just making sure you did this part, but you can access the game options while in-flight with Alt + O, just click Joystick / Throttle Flight Control and the throttle should work.

Assuming this is what you already did, another issue may be that games of this era usually only recognize the first controller connected to Windows, so the game is only recognizing your Gladiator. If this is the case and choosing vJoy as your preferred controller in joy.cpl is not working, you will need to use something like HidHide to hide your other controllers so Privateer 2 thinks vJoy is the only controller connected to your PC.

Yes I know all the shennanigans with regards to vJoy and HidHide. I've been using those with the rest of the Wing Commander franchise. In fact,. I did manage to get the throttle working with Prophecy. As for Privateer 2, in the end, I gave up and resigned myself to mapping the throttle to the + and - keys.

Thank you for your response anyways.

Back