Privateer 2 deluxe question

Papagod

Spaceman
couldn't find a priv2 section so i posted here.

i made a windows version of my dos Privateer 2 game from this website http://originalthp.solsector.net/privateer2win95/. what i want to know is why does it ask me to insert 2nd CD after i reach a certain point in the game?, do i have to transfer all 3 cd's to 3 seperate dvd?, at the moment i only have 1 dvd. like it says on the website...

You still need to use your retail CD 2 and CD 3, which contain data (movies and missions you play later in the game)... the patch just creates a new CD 1 that has the Windows 9x executable.

I was going to create P2 thread myself later today; if y'all don't mind, I'll just use this one instead. Simple question: at the beginning of the game when you go to purchase the Straith, what equipment (if any) comes with it (guns, shields, modules, etc.)? It's been too long since I've played P2 and while I could fire up the game if I had to I figured I'd try this route first.

It comes empty, you have to buy the weapons separately. I believe you can pretty much only afford Stream Lasers at that point, though.

You still need to use your retail CD 2 and CD 3, which contain data (movies and missions you play later in the game)... the patch just creates a new CD 1 that has the Windows 9x executable.

ok thanks but is there some way to replace the cutscenes with higher quality videos like they did for wing commander 4?

No, unfortunately we haven't discovered higher quality versions of the Privateer 2 movies (... yet! The search goes on.)

I can mention it to HCl! Unfortunately that VHS didn't contain a complete set of videos.

I feel like there's some reason a no CD patch doesn't work... like the game looks at the volume label of the CD to know which missions to offer. So you CAN copy everything to the hard drive and get it to run, but you will never be offered the later FMV missions.

The privateed videos aren't interlaced though... That's added by the game. At the very least it shouldn't be too hard for us to patch in a hack to get rid of the interlacing the way you can with WC4 and Prophecy, and maybe to throw in some kind of smoother.

The privateed videos aren't interlaced though... That's added by the game. At the very least it shouldn't be too hard for us to patch in a hack to get rid of the interlacing the way you can with WC4 and Prophecy, and maybe to throw in some kind of smoother.

yea we need to find some nerd guy to do that.:eek:

Back