Priv Devel Ver report

Ridgerunner

Vice Admiral
No base music.

Base shots not full screen.

Auto lite still says SPEC backwards.

I didn't change anything. I used all the default settings just like the previous versions when I installed it. I'll give it another shot when I get more time. I'm juggling three things at once right now.

Ridgerunner said:
No base music.

I didn't change anything. I used all the default settings just like the previous versions when I installed it. I'll give it another shot when I get more time. I'm juggling three things at once right now.

Funny, I have base music in stereo, though if I load a game from within a game I get flight music until I launch and land again. And the music is stereo

The music and sound are screwy, but I have base music. Here are the things that shouldn't be:
- Base music doesn't start until the end of the flight music midi that was playing.
- Sometimes flight music stops and a new track doesn't kick in until I autopilot. It's pretty boring flying around in silence.
- The "now entering an automatic landing zone" wave is almost always clipped short.

Things that are good about music/sound:
- Bartender speech stops when you quite talking to him
- I have new music - a "high quality" version. Was this the wavetable verison in the original privateer?

I confirm that bases are not full screen.

JKeefe said:
The music and sound are screwy, but I have base music. Here are the things that shouldn't be:
- Base music doesn't start until the end of the flight music midi that was playing.
- Sometimes flight music stops and a new track doesn't kick in until I autopilot. It's pretty boring flying around in silence.
- The "now entering an automatic landing zone" wave is almost always clipped short.

Things that are good about music/sound:
- Bartender speech stops when you quite talking to him
- I have new music - a "high quality" version. Was this the wavetable verison in the original privateer?

I confirm that bases are not full screen.

Don't think the bases are supposed to be full screen.
Have you finished the delta-prime mission yet? I'm getting game crashes making the run to perry. I was wondering if you were getting those or not. Your old saved games will work. Try one

PLEASE?

Ridgerunner said:
Intended. It's a config option
It's because we really don't care about HUD mode ;) I'll fix it eventually.
The "now entering an automatic landing zone" wave is almost always clipped short.
confirmed. Not entirely sure it's a necessary fix though, forced delays, even for a split second tent to annoy me.

MamiyaOtaru said:
Intended. [small bases are] a config option
Oh, that's what that option refers to. I assumed it had something to do with what you see in flight. Much better now, thanks.

If someone could give us a fixed cockpits/disabled-cockpit.cpt/disabled-cockpit.cpt file that was just like the galaxy cockpit minus the actual forward,backwards,left,right spr files I'd be most pleased and include it in the patcked final release

new disabled-cockpit.cpt

Hi,

I played around with the disabled cockpit... though I didn't use the galaxy as a base but the centurion. Just removed the vegastrike options that weren't used and put in the centurion shield display, but kept the nav/gun/comm screens as they are in the disabled-cockpit.

I can't seem to get the "auto" light down to a smaller size, but otherwise I like it.

(I've only tested it in 800x600, my system can't do anything higher).

I can't attach a zip file, so I'll rename the end to be .txt, just rename it back to .zip. It's only 20k.

cheers

Kilolima

Attachments

• disabled-cockpit.cpt.zip.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 123
sorry, that last file had the locklight off. this one is corrected.

Attachments

• disabled-cockpit.cpt.zip.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 140
I'll try this again. Some kinda modem failure.

1. I was out in my Galaxy, trying to raise money, you see, and I accidentally sucked up a Retro Talon. I'm happy, of course, but I don't know if y'all are. Did it several times, sold each one as 1 unit of space salvage. I have 200 cargo space.

2. Can't buy ships at Perry? And to see if I could, I sold my Tarsus. Didn't get any money for it though. And it didn't show up as an available ship. So it's gone, I guess.

3. Do y'all consider the music problems as being broken? I sure do.

4. The SPEC auto lite: I thought it had been overlooked. Sorry.

5. Confirm price problem at Perry. Autotracking listed at 90,000, got it for 40,000, then it went red even though I still had 60,000 credits left.

6. At Perry, Iwent into Terrel's office and got the "Where do you think..... text, but no audio.

Funny stuff:

The bartender at New Detroit was telling me how tight he and Sandoval are, and if I ever get to New Detroit to look him up for him. And Sandoval is at the table.

I'm getting pounded by 3 Retros, and The female Militia pilot says "Let me know if you hit trouble in my quad." I'm frantically looking for the comm response that says "HEY! I'M HITTING TROUBLE IN YOUR QUAD!"

I have had similar observations as previously posted, running only RF Campaign so far:

1) Music overpowers sound effects in space. Don't see anyway to alter this balance of music-effects balance as previous versions.

2) All 4 RF Goodin missions present the audio and printed words of Admiral Terrel's speech he gave when you completed the Priv1 Campaign. Missions run okay, though.

3) My conversations with Goodin, Masterson, and Murphy have all been printed only; no audio (similar to previous beta versions on my system).

No lock-ups, or significant bugs seen so far. Once I finish the RF Campaign, I'll run back through the Priv1 Campaign.

As I understood it in a previous thread, RF is a BIG Easteregg and is far from done. The dialogue is still in the works.

The issue with the congratulatory speech I can vouch for.
I get it every time.
If I visit Tayla first and do a run for her I don't get it to start the next mission.

ridge:
1) odd: I'll have to look into it
2) Perry is a military base...though I should make it sell at least the original 3
3) What is the music problem to which you refer--for me music works fine...is there some auditory artifact that you think is broken...if so describe in more detail...
4) yes thanks for fixing
5) odd..I'll look into it
6) no one has given us audio for that clip... if someone does, then we'll add it
hoovs:
1) doesn't pressing . . . or , , , or shift-. shift-. shift-. or shift- > shift -> shift-< help?
2) yes I fixed that problem since...but haven't released a fix... private message me if you want one
3) no one has given us audio for this scene...therefore it is not in game...justice got the rest of the audio

oh you mean you never get base music...

or that you get it as soon as the flight midi is done

is this true for *everyone* here...or just ridge...cus for me it works dandy.
maybe I'm missing one base tune--and maybe that one isn't playing--which base was this? or every base

I get beautiful stereo base music. I could barely believe it when I first heard it.

I re-try the volume control on the keyboard.

Personal observation: The RF Campaign is way too great to be considered an Easter egg; more like a herd of Easter bunnies with 144 marshmallow chicks, all with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing 'Hallalujah' in the background.

The base music thing:

There's no base music when I first start the game. Then I take off, and have the patrol music. After a while it stops. When I get to a base, I get the base music. After a while it stops. Seems if you don't do anything to change the music (land, complete a mission etc, the music stops.

The disappearing Tarsus at Perry? Problem or not?

Ridgerunner: do you have write permission to c:\temp\ cus I think the new music server writes files to there

cntrl-s may skip a track and get you more music...but somehow it could be the c:\temp problem

I could try making it more robust

Back