Playstation's PAL Wing Commanders Unboxed (November 4, 2015)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Nostalgamer has posted "unboxing" videos of the PAL editions of Wing Commander 3 and 4 for the Sony Playstation. Sometimes it feels like we missed out on this trend, so it's nice when a good retro unboxing pops up now and then. This clip's a little weird because it lacks the customary audio commentary, but it should still be an interesting sight for fans who didn't own these console ports. One of the most obvious differences is that the Playstation versions shipped in jewel cases and WC4 came on four rather than six discs, but there are a handful of other visual tweaks since this is the configuration packaged for the UK. These vids are also heavy on the instruction manuals, but those are also a neat comparison to what came with the PC editions.

Unboxing All UK PAL Wing Commander Games On Sony Playstation One UK PAL System Region Version

--
Original update published on November 4, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
My first experiences with Wing Commander were with the console versions of the game, first on the Super Nintendo and then on the Playstation. I had tried to purchase a couple of games for the PC, WCIV and Privateer 2, but our computer couldn't run them. It wasn't until years later when I had a much more powerful computer that I purchased and was able to run the Kilrathi Saga. It was interesting seeing the differences between the console and PC versions, both in game and some of the extra supplemental books that came with the PC version that provided additional information on the wing commander universe.

Back