Pilot conversion in WC1

Sonntag

Spaceman
I've a question about my pilot in WC1. Is it possible to convert your pilot, after you have completed the last mission in Venice? I mean, could one start in SM1 with the Pewter planet received in the last WC mission?

I could only xfer the very last saved WC1 mission and load it into SM1. I dont think the game lets you get to the barracks after the glory of blowing up the base so you can save it. So in effect, the saved game that got transfered was the save game just before the base run mission in WCI. If there is a way to save the game after blowing up the base, I havent a clue how to do it since the game imediately cuts to ending credits, then restarts at the begining intro, no where did I see it pause long enough to save the game after you destroy the Kilrathi base.

RFB

Originally posted by RFBurns
I could only xfer the very last saved WC1 mission and load it into SM1. I dont think the game lets you get to the barracks after the glory of blowing up the base so you can save it. So in effect, the saved game that got transfered was the save game just before the base run mission in WCI. If there is a way to save the game after blowing up the base, I havent a clue how to do it since the game imediately cuts to ending credits, then restarts at the begining intro, no where did I see it pause long enough to save the game after you destroy the Kilrathi base.

RFB

Well that's what I thought, too. Not only would the Pewter Planet be nice, I think that last mission gave you quite a few kills for the chalkboard, as well

Use the WC1 savegame edit in the files section to add in the medal, the missing kills and the missing mission after you've transferred to SM1.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Use the WC1 savegame edit in the files section to add in the medal, the missing kills and the missing mission after you've transferred to SM1.
Ok that'll work, but "technologically" it is kind of cheating, right?

Have you never thought about this issue when writing the game? I mean, the whole chalkboard/medal thing of WC1 was one of the greatest ideas in gaming history, but this detail always annoyed me a bit (especially as the same thing applies to WC2-SO)

It's not cheating as long as you're honest -- you earned those kills and that medal...

BTW, is it possible to have two pewter planets? I know you can have as many gold/silver/bronze stars as possible, but what about the medal?

You get to keep the Pewter Planet you get in SM2, cause it is like 2 missions before the end. You can't have two unless you cheat, and I have no idea how the game registers it.

You don't lose your medals in WC2 -- you just don't wear them on duty, and we never see your locker.

You can transfer your kills to WC2, too, so you don't lose those.

You don't lose your medals in WC2 -- you just don't wear them on duty, and we never see your locker.

You can transfer your kills to WC2, too, so you don't lose those.

BTW, do you know why it was impossible to transfer your kills to WC3?

Now the trick is continuing into WC4:) To bad we're Casey in Prophecy and SO. But at least we know his kill count by adding those two games together.

Would everyone agree that in Prophecy Casey has more kills than Blair in all other games combined?

I certainly thought so, especially with all those pesky remoras :)

Originally posted by redwolf
Would everyone agree that in Prophecy Casey has more kills than Blair in all other games combined?

I certainly thought so, especially with all those pesky remoras :)

Yes, but the Nephilim are no challenge at all, to be as bad as them, the Kilrathis should have flown with Drahlthis all the time

Back