Pet Scifi-Project

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
Me, and two friends of mine, with special notation to one friend who's name is Peter (he did nearly all the brainstorming). He's actually a former student of mine (I'm a flight-instructor), and has a flare for creativity and he ran an idea by me.

The idea is a Scifi-idea who's aim is to try to get around the problems with previous science-fiction with a healthy dose of realism in comparison to regular sci-fi.

We've both decided some liberties can be taken, because if you make computers too advanced, well... you could end up having all the fighters and ships automated and that would really suck. Who would want to read a story about a bunch of computerized ships flying through space duking it out with one another?

And most likely if you take computers too far, they'd probably get intelligent to the point that they'd outsmart us and they'd end us wiping us out (we'd be considered "inferior" and worst of all "ineffecient" and the whole idea of computers is to eliminate inefficiency and that would mean...), and we're not counting on good-luck. If not, mankind would have no use, and that would suck too. Needs a human element.

The things we've noticed in scifi are the following...

Guns have limited range: A laser beam would have an infinite range in space, or at least an extreme range. Assuming the beam was fired with no convergence or divergence, it would travel forever-- or at least for a very, very long time (supposedly even photons decay; I think that's an error and the guy probably meant protons, but...). Assuming it wasn't possible to make a perfectly non-divergent beam, it would probably be configured to converge a little.

The question then would be accuracy... the only "range" would be would be from how far could the ship hit the target... and the answer would probably be rather far. Supposedly modern radar can accurately gauge distance from up to 5 AU in space. 1 AU is like 93 million miles, so that's 465 million miles. And we tend to be able to get better at improving stuff, by a few hundred years, we'd be able to probably cover a whole system with radar.

So, we'd be able to whack a target from across a system right?

Well, in theory, yes! Assuming he held the same speed and heading. Of course if the guy made a turn, or slowed down the beam would miss and you couldn't do anything about it.

See, first the radar has to travel all the way over there. Assuming 1 AU, that's 8 minutes and 20 seconds. Then it's gotta come back, that's another 8 minutes and 20 seconds. Now 16 minutes and 40 seconds have passed since the radar beam was sent, and 8:20 since it bounced off, so the information you're receiving is 8 minutes, 20 seconds old! Then you fire the gun, and that's another 8 minutes, 20 seconds until it hits. In that time, he could have slowed down or turned, or sped up. And what guy wouldn't swerve out of the way of a laser beam heading right at them?

The answer is nobody, because they wouldn't see the beam until it hit them. Unlike in Star Trek or Star Wars, you can't see a laser beam like you do in the games. And you wouldn't see it moving; even if you saw the beam, you'd just see the beam as it nails you! If the beam was fired for a half a second, you'd see the beam as you get hit; you'd see the beam at that point and for a half second until it stoped. That's a moot point. You wouldn't even see the beam. That's kind of wierd and it sounds wierd for a story-- but you could still describe "powerful beams of energy lashing out into space" which is true, but you could even mention them being invisible, and the crew on the ship could still predict where they were heading just by where the turret is positioned.

Of course, there are reasons by coincidence why a guy would turn or slow down. Perhaps he planned to slow down, and just by luck happened to do it before the beam reached where he was supposed to go?

Of course, it would be rather boring. You'd be shooting, then waiting to see if you scored a hit (you'd have to detect something hit the shields, or the energy release from the explosion if you got lucky), especially with several minutes delay between radar returns if active (or even receiving passive signals-- 8 minutes, 20 seconds it would take for the radar signals from their ship to reach you). With the guy after getting hit once or twice, he'd be weaving like you wouldn't believe and with information that's several minutes out of date, it would be a huge guessing game, you'd have to rely on out-dated information and then speculating and guessing what he's doing now (and people that get shot at and live aren't going to allow themselves to be shot at again if possible-- he'll be turning and weaving).

Of course, WC got around the out-dated information problem-- 'tis called Translight Radar. It's some kind of magical radar that sends out pulses that some how exceed the speed of light. I guess it's possible considering that lightspeed was proven to have not been constant. Of course this would be limited to low intensity, because these things drained lots of energy in WC at least... plus I wouldn't want to see translight lasers... one problem could be to use some kind of Tachyon Radar which works by using tachyons instead of radio-waves. Who knows, but I don't want to see FTL lasers-- otherwise people could shoot each other from a light year away in a matter of hours or something... Maybe it has to do with the system draining ridiculous amounts of energy to work.

The radar would be full coverage (scan all sides), but the translight thingie would scan ahead always, and also would have an alternate array which can be turned in any direction with a specified field, but not full coverage. The idea would be that the Radar would see it first, and then the translight radar would be aimed for a more "current" look at it (so you get current data). Of course I have no idea how fast these pulses would travel at... although in Fleet Action they said it would take a few hours to cross all of Confed (I think it was 3 hours, so anyone know how big Confed territory is?) So... if I can figure that out, I can give you a speed-indication.

We also would prever to avoid calling it translight-- I don't want to steal the name from someone, and we both agree that it shows no imagination. I'd prefer to call it FTL-Scanner, or FTL-Radar, or something else (any good ideas?).

Some form of FTL Communications would also be either needed or seriously important. Without it, signals would take years, decades, or centuries to reach where you want it to. Otherwise you'd have to go to a base, get your orders, then head back once your finished. Of course if there was a change in plan, oh well, you'd only find out when you get back.

It would probably only be a burst signal thing anyway, as the thing would drain large amounts of power.

Interestingly enough, I'd like to actually count relativity into the equation. Peter, at first at least, disagreed with this one because it would be difficult to factor all that in, but I thought from the start it would make a good addition-- As you approach the speed of light, time slows down. The reason is that according to relativity, no matter what speed you travel at, the speed of light always appears to be traveling at the same rate.

He explained it to me pretty well actually (Pete, not Einstein)...

The speed of light is 300,000 kps... if you're sitting still it appears to be doing 300,000 kps, no suprise here.

Now, you're doing 150,000 kps... Despite being at half the speed of light, the speed of light still appears to be doing 300,000 kps... the only way that works is for the observer's frame of referrence to be slowed by 50%.

Of course you'd need a standard time, which Zulu seems to be a good one, we use it right now and some standard's needed so everyone can gauge what time it is outside their ships. But there should be a ships time as well, because at half the speed of light, time would move twice as fast and even though lunch felt like 3 hours ago, it actually was 6 and it's time to eat again, you'd be a bunch of fat-cows in no time flat (no pun intended), and your sleep would be cut in half as well (people aren't their best when they're under-rested-- would you want your CO to be grouchier than he or she already is?).

These are just a bunch of 3 people's ideas put toghether for the physics behind a story, I'll add more if you want...

-Concordia

Well, that's certainly a lot of hard work. :) Too much for me, though.

Originally posted by Concordia
...supposedly even photons decay; I think that's an error and the guy probably meant protons, but...
Since the context is regarding light, I think he meant photons. Light is supposed to have both properties of electro-magnetic radiation and particles, with the particles being called photons. Um, just in case you didn't know already.

Three words: Automated Jinking System.

You see, if you know you're a potential target for enemy sniper ships (which is what these long-range laser vessels would effectively be) you just have a computerized system that fires your vernier thrusters in short pulses to alter the short-term trajectory of your ship so any in-flight lasers would have have around a 99.999% chance of missing, assuming no area-effect method is used (i.e. raking a super-high-energy laser, like a pulsar emission, in a computer-controlled striping pattern). A better way to do this would be to use some kind of radiation-absorbing blackbody material for the hull of the ship; thus making it extremely stealthy and perhaps invisible. It's a lot easier to make a stealth object at trans-system distances, because a.) at that range you need an immense objective lens (or EM transceiver array) to get sufficient resolution to identify a vessel-sized object, and b.) because the background light/radiation in space is much, much, much less than in an atmosphere, hence a stealth "shadow" that's orders of magnitude smaller.

The vernier thrusting would use a lot of fuel, but if you're operating on a Broussard ramscoop or a zero-point generator you presumably have an unlimited 'propellant' supply.

You could probably work around this problem by cracking the randomization algorithm and seed generation of the enemy vessel, but a really good military-grade jinking system would probably have some kind of uncrackable quantum mechanical true randomization system rather than a computerized artificial one.

Yes, your offensive beam can get that kind of distance, but actually hitting a moving and/or stealth target is sort of nearly impossible.

I'm pretty certain there's a hell of a lot of realistic sci-fi (literary, anyway, ask LOAF about this because he reads more than I do), because real sci-fi authors aren't constrained by the needs of movie and game directors to constantly re-enact the Battle of Midway in space.

The problem with super-realism in sci-fi is that really good specfic's not so much about the technology, but rather the ideas. Strict adherence to currently-understood physical laws is of course a completely valid universe element, and the slow-communication and whatnot can actually provide fodder for some really good ideas (remember how armies used to communicate in pre-telegraph days? Imagine that on a galactic scale... you could have manned messenger ships that use some kind of extremely dangerous trans-light system that screws up computers to the point of nonfunction and makes the pilots eventually go completely insane or something), but that's the great thing about specfic if the physical laws are getting in your way, you can rewrite them.

Feel free to use any of these ideas in your stuff, but don't get mad if I do the same ;)

We've both decided some liberties can be taken, because if you make computers too advanced, well... you could end up having all the fighters and ships automated and that would really suck. Who would want to read a story about a bunch of computerized ships flying through space duking it out with one another?

And most likely if you take computers too far, they'd probably get intelligent to the point that they'd outsmart us and they'd end us wiping us out (we'd be considered "inferior" and worst of all "ineffecient" and the whole idea of computers is to eliminate inefficiency and that would mean...), and we're not counting on good-luck. If not, mankind would have no use, and that would suck too. Needs a human element.

I've been working on a massive sci fi project of my own, unsurprisingly inspired by Wing Commander. One of the ideals I have held to in the basic tech back story is that automated robot fighters are possible but undesirable because they can't adapt imaginatively in a dogfight. Thus they become easy targets for interceptors. After all how easy would it be to model good old fashioned imagination in a computer system. There are sentient robot fighter designs available but nobody uses them.
There is one nation in the story that uses unmanned remote fighters, but they still have pilots aboard the carriers to control them. But that is their weak points.

I don't think there will ever be robotic fighter planes, maybe cargo birds, because of the unfounded fear that they would turn on us. There are ways around that.

Okay, now the other thing is...

Ships behavior...

In WC and nearly any sci-fi, the same thing almost always happens. A ship accelerates up to a certain top speed and just stays there. Additionally the engines are always on.

That doesn't happen in real life. You could keep on accelerating all the way up to the speed of light (you'd never really reach the speed of light actually, but you'd always be accelerating).

Also, to slow down, cutting the engines would not cause you to slow down-- you would instead maintain the same speed forever, or until a very long time (a stray hydrogen atom here and there will invariably bump into you and slow you down a little).

This would be good actually because you wouldn't have to have your engines on all the time-- just accelerate to desired speed and then cut. Would spare engine parts and such.

Of course to slow down you would need to have reverse-thrust. I don't mean like the kind on jet engines where you block and re-direct the exhaust forward, I mean you'd need engines on the front to help slow you down. You'd probably need less on the front then back since you'd be expected to accelerate better than decelerate, but you wouldn't just have little teeny engines in the front; these foward engines would be big! Just smaller than the rear-ones.

So you'd accelerate up to desired speed, then cut. When you wish to slow down, you fire the reverse thrusters until you've slowed to desired speed then shut them down.

To roll, pitch, and yaw, you'd use maneuvering thrusters mounted across the ship, in combination if applicable with the main engines being vectored a bit. Unlike in WCP Vampire, where the exhaust pods were vectored extremely, these nozzles would be very, VERY slightly vectored. Considering those engines can make a ship go several hundred K/S^2, tilting them up at even a fraction of a degree would yield an awesome rate of roll.

Also a ship would move unlike anything you've ever seen before.

You could pitch up and down, roll left and right, and yaw left and right. You could also go straight up (Jack in the box) or straight down, or skid right or left, or even go diagonally up and down (like a jack-in-the box and a side-step in one). Now that would make the helm-console look very interesting!

That means you could pull off some wicked maneuvers!

There is another problem with space maneuvering. The fact that there is no drag means that the ship would keep travelling in one direction even if I pointed the nose in the other. If I had thrust behind it, I'd go in the new direction and keep sliding in the old-direction too. If I used dorsal or ventral or lateral thrusters to counter it, the sliding motion could be eased, but it would take awhile and the ships turns would be extremely sloppy.

Considering how many times I've mentioned those bussard-ramscoop thingies, I could probably get the nickname Scoops by now. Although I think that would work in this case. Plus these ships are going to consume fuel!

I mean, this ship would have some heavy duty stuff!

You'd have a bunch of engines which produce thrust probably in the megaton range, thrusters which produce thrust in the ton to kiloton range, artificial gravity, and inertial-dampers which are able to negate or at least ease the effects of turns which would be like 90,000 g's and reduce them to single digit range, then you'd have translight-radars and communications, huge-ass forcefields to protect the ship from micrometeroids to blaster fire to missile impacts, large laser cannons to damage and destroy stuff that should not be so friendly, sublight radar and communications, you'd also have lots of back-ups, then the ships computers to make all this sh-t work, point-defense guns, missile launchers, guidance systems, and not to mention little stuff like lights (you don't expect to work in the dark do you?).

Also, I didn't forget to mention some kind of FTL system which enables the ship to leave Sol and reach another system sometime before the crew goes gray and drops dead? That's gonna consume some heavy-duty power.

Using bussard-intakes could solve the problem. Generate huge gigantic magnetic fields which draw in stray hydrogen and refuel the ship. Of course, in theory these things would be gigantic-- they'd have to be miniaturized otherwise you'd have a 700 meter long ship with a 20 mile long ramscoop thingie. Needs to be reduced to reasonable sizes (so they can fit on the ship).

The ships speed would be limited (at least acceleration would) with them on, but assuming the intakes were placed in such a way so that the pressure peak would be at the right spot, if you pull a climb, the pressure on the top or bottom increases so the ships direction changes.

Of course the pressure acting on this to make turns like that would be staggering so the intakes would have to be magnetically shielded to hold the pressure and some small shielding over the areas where the intakes are (which could be useful in other areas). Also heat would be a problem too, pressure goes up, so does heat. Shielding on that area would solve it.

You'd also have to have them covering the whole ship. Top, bottom, left, and right. I don't think it'd be necessary on the back. Maneuvers may be done rear-wards, but not often, and probably not at high speeds.

In either case, the dorsal, ventral, and lateral thrusters would be used in combination with the ramscoops to produce maneuvering that would be described as atmospheric like. Granted a little bit more sluggish than one would like, but it would be better than without them.

Another thing would be that it would take awhile for the magnetic fields to set up. These things could reach hundreds of thousands to millions of miles out (lots of fuel to fuel a ship). Just the magnetic fields would take a little bit to expand out that far, then it would take some time to start dragging in the hydrogen. Drag wouldn't be felt until a small amount starts going into the intakes. Some would be felt as the hydrogen is compressed into streams ahead of the ship. Either way, I'm guessing at least 30 seconds before the ship would even begin to respond like it was in atmosphere, and a bit more before it would handle nice. Those fields generate power too so fuel is being spent to generate them. The idea is that if the fields are on long enough, the hydrogen taken in will compensate.

Unlike WC, where they open the scoops and close them just like that, my idea would be to open them a specific amount for a certain speed. Open them full when speed isn't an essential thing, then reduce the intensity as you speed up to reduce drag, and reduce and reduce and reduce never quite shutting them down (it would take too long to start them back up for practical purposes). I guess once above a certain speed, they could be shut off I guess. If you did that, you could just shut the engines down and coast for a bit. Of course if you powered the intakes back up again, I'm not certain if it would act like a huge brake, or only take effect if you accelerated some more for the pressure to build up. I think I should draw this out to give a better idea. I'm sleep-deprived too.

I guess for maneuvering, you'd use thrusters below a certain speed, then the ramscoops start taking effect and you can use those, in combination with thrusters.

-Concordia

this is in response to Byydo first post. I find the thing cool about the books that scifi authors put out tend to be the fact that historically speaking alot of the technologies they talk about tend to become reallity. Alot of the Technology Sci fi books from the fifties are actually appearing meaning Scientists must be getting some inspirations from sci fi authors. I guess its a case of Life Imatating Art

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
this is in response to Byydo first post. I find the thing cool about the books that scifi authors put out tend to be the fact that historically speaking alot of the technologies they talk about tend to become reallity.

Well, really, most of them don't. It's the occasional one or two here or there (based on extrapolations of currently-understood laws of the universe and perceived needs) that eventually end up resembling something that's actually developed. Far more, however, simply aren't realistically practical; for example, sealed wooden vessels for sailing the luminiferous ether of outer space, and also those neat leather spacesuits that tend to show up in 20's pulp sci-fi (see H.P. Lovecraft's "In the Walls of Eryx" for an example of the latter).

Alot of the Technology Sci fi books from the fifties are actually appearing meaning Scientists must be getting some inspirations from sci fi authors. I guess its a case of Life Imatating Art

I think it's more a matter of science fiction authors getting inspiration from theoretical science. The cycle would probably go something like this:

1.) Scientist develops theory that electromagnetic radiation can be phased into waves of a discrete frequency and directed to transfer energy onto a remote point
2.) Science fiction writer includes Buck Rogers Ray Guns in his story; said guns make people flash and fall over dead.
3.) Engineers years later develop materials and construction methods for generating and manipulating light of a precise wavelength with high degree of accuracy, hence the LASER is born.

Actually designing and building something is quite different than simply writing about it in a story. One of the great fundamentals of science fiction is the examination of a piece of theoretical technology's impact on the world around it and the human condition, rather than simply describing what technological innovations might be possible in the future. At any rate, while science fiction certainly inspires scientists in ways that abstracts and feasibility studies do not, it is not the driving force behind the development of specific pieces of technology.

So in a since the scifi authors expand on the Ideas of real science and are later re adapted to real life in a form similar but not directly the same. But I think some of there Ideas have opened up Ideas that scientists might not have thought to try and getting something neat out of it. then as you said some ideas tend to be impossible as well in the end its wishfull thinking.

FTL Propulsion

Okay, we got fusion engines, bussard-ramscoops, and all that jazz for propusion.

Discussed energy-weapons and radar, loosely discussed translight-radar, and touched on propulsion and bussard ramscoops.

This is okay when you want in-system fighting. The problem is when you wish to take it outside a star system.

The distance between stars are gigantic, and space is really spacious. At 0.5 c, which is around 148,500 kps or so, it would take you about 8.6 years to reach the nearest star. This would not be practical in a storyline which involves multiple-star systems.

The light barrier is theoretically unbreakable, because the forces which make up and hold together the sub-atomic particles which form the atoms, which form the molecules, which form us, and the ship are electro-magnetic. In otherwords, you can't go faster than the forces that actually hold you toghether.

The only way the speed of light could be beaten would be if there was

a way to increase the speed of light in an area of space: Fascinating, but findings in the late '90's revealed that the speed of light is actually not fixed. Einstein was wrong in other words. If the speed of light was variable, you could in some way change the speed limit, sort of like taking the 55 mph speed limit sign, and putting a 1 ahead of the 55 to make it 155 mph. Of course none of us (me and my friends) have no idea how to do this. Plus if you could, you'd also be able to shoot off your guns in the area of space that the speed of light has changed.

Warp-space: Somehow fold or compress space in such a way as to enable the ship to travel greater distances by shortening the distance between the two of them. Requires extensive energy to do this.

Jump-Drive: Some method of using a worm-hole, or creating worm-holes, or opening up jump-gates to enable the ship to transition between space very rapidly.

Of course, here's some examples of what scifi in the past has done...

Star Trek Warp-Drive: Two nacelles, which use matter anti-matter reactions to produce powerful multi-layer fields whose interactions propell the ship and lighten her overall mass enabling her to travel faster. The ship is also "submerged" into sub-space.

Warp scales are different in the old series and the new one.

In TOS and the Movies, the warp factors are n^3 such that

Warp 1: 1c
Warp 2: 8c
Warp 3: 27c
Warp 4: 64c
Warp 5: 125c
Warp 6: 216c
Warp 7: 343c
Warp 8: 512c
Warp 9: 729c
Warp 10: 1000c

In TNG, they altered the warp scale such that Warp 10 is infinite to prevent warp-factors from getting too high.

Warp 1: 1c
Warp 2: 10c
Warp 3: 39c
Warp 4: 102c
Warp 5: 214c
Warp 6: 392c
Warp 7: 656c
Warp 8: 1024c
Warp 9: 1516c
Warp 9.2: 1649c
Warp 9.6: 3250-ish
Warp 10: INFINITE

Despite this, in the ST:TNG Finale "All Good Things", the USS Pasteur, and the modified USS Enterprise under the command of Admiral Riker, are both able to do Warp 13.

-Problems with this are

1.) Even if you lighten the ships mass you still need infinite energy to accelerate even one proton to the speed of light. You need even more than that to get it faster. And you can't reach infinity, let alone beat it.

2.) Maneuvering would most likely be impossible FTL

3.) What point is the navigational deflector anyway FTL? You hit something at a few hundred c and you're gone!

4.) Firing phasers would probably be impossible FTL. You'd outrun your own beam. I don't know why, but it sounds impossible, and I wouln't really want it in a scifi-setting. Plus it'd probably disrupt the warp-field.

Star Wars Jump-Drive: Not really explained how it's done. Uses a hyperspace motivator, which already sounds rather lame, to inject the ship into hyperspace. Ship essentially travels through an alternate dimension which enables it to cover great distances while still not exceeding lightspeed, or whatever that dimension's speed-limit is. Precise calculations must be made before entering hyperspace, otherwise they could come too close to a star or something. Objects cast mass-shadows in hyperspace, which a collision with would be fatal. Some ships, called Interdictors can yank a ship out of hyperspace and prevent them from jumping to hyperspace. Some ships can travel faster on hyperdrive.

I dislike this idea because the ships can jump whenever they want, and what captain would stay and fight when they could run away? Especially if the bad guy's got these jump capable ships.

Babylon-5 Jump-Drive: Basically the same as Star Wars hyperdrive, except they often use jump-gates which have a pre-determined exit and entry point. Some ships are capable of making their own jumps.

Wing-Commander Jump-Drive: Ship produces jump-field consisting of either tachyons or anti-gravitons which dissociate space in a given area tearing open an entry point into jump-space. Ship is drawn into jump-space where it is rapidly transitioned across jump-space to the exit point on the other end. Time is recorded as instant normally, and sometimes is perceived as being a few seconds, to even a few hours in some cases.

Ship can only jump at jump-points. Luckily most systems have jump points. Jump points are affected by gravity wells, and larger objects produce larger and more stable jump-lines. Jump-lines can sometimes close off, or new ones can form.

In a way, the limits imposed by this jump-drive has some interesting points to it. You can't just jump whenever you want. Meaning you can be chased and stuff, producing an intense battle while the ship runs towards the jump point.

Jump-drives also have size limitations meaning big ships can't jump. Of course there was a way around this, the Hakaga and Midway did it.

Jumping also disorients the crew and makes them really nauseous. Vision blurs too. This actually could be a good story element.

Although, considering that even the fighter pilots get seriously nauseous after jumps, I would not advise jumping if you just ate!

Of course, I'm biased towards Wing Commander.

I'll post a follow-up in a little bit.

-Concordia

Re: FTL Propulsion

...Wing-Commander Jump-Drive:
Ship produces jump-field...which dissociate space in a given area, tearing open an entry point into jump-space...
[/B]

Kinda puts a new shpin on "tearing you a new one", don't it?... :D

Re: Re: FTL Propulsion

Originally posted by Preacher
Kinda puts a new shpin on "tearing you a new one", don't it?... :D

Hehehehe, no-no, the Nephilim accretion disk tear's you a new one, the jump-drive tears open an old one :D

-Concordia

Re: Re: Re: FTL Propulsion

Hehehehe, no-no, the Nephilim accretion disk tear's you a new one, the jump-drive tears open an old one :D

-Concordia

Mebbe, but I haven't gotten that far in WCP yet: Pray tell, what is this accretion disk you speak of? Somethin' to do with their wormhole gates at the end of the game?.... Sounz interesting...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hehehehe, no-no, the Nephilim accretion disk tear's you a new one, the jump-drive tears open an old one

-Concordia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mebbe, but I haven't gotten that far in WCP yet: Pray tell, what is this accretion disk you speak of? Somethin' to do with their wormhole gates at the end of the game?.... Sounz interesting...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had to quote you guys by copy and paste cause I don't know how to quote two people in one post. now my response:

yeah but they all leave a brown stain in the pilots Briefs, Boxers or Pantys. HeH HeH HeH:D

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
I had to quote you guys by copy and paste cause I don't know how to quote two people in one post. now my response:

Take a look at the vBCode instructions and take a look at the way the tags show up in the reply box when you quote someone.

accretion disk

It's not in WCP. The accretion disk is an artifact of how the new bug gate in Secret Ops is generated, IIRC (been a while since WCSO was even installed, let alone played).

Oh, and the bugs apparently like to recycle, judging from the WCSO gate setup. :D

Re: accretion disk

Originally posted by Death
It's not in WCP. The accretion disk is an artifact of how the new bug gate in Secret Ops is generated, IIRC (been a while since WCSO was even installed, let alone played).

Oh, and the bugs apparently like to recycle, judging from the WCSO gate setup. :D

Well thats a part of the series I will never get to finish as you can only legally get your hands on episode 1 (atleast not until origin or ea releases it again (very Doubtful) or I buy prophecy gold off of ebay.) (More likely)

Back