Personal modification of items

U

Unregistered

Is there any easy way to manually edit the attributes of the items in the game? Say perhaps I want to be able to equip my Centurion with the biggest reactor/shield combination?

HellcatV, MamiyaOtaru,
I'm leaving THIS one for you. I know more than I'm supposed to for a "casual" user/luser.

Besides, according to the terms of the board, that might get me banned.

Unregistered: you can do whatever you want. The limit on level 3 shields for the centurion is there because someone put it there. In the same way, you can take it out; that's open source. Doing so however takes the fun out of the game (IMHO). It can be fun to cruise around in an invincible ship, but that only lasts for a few minutes, and then you no longer have anything to look forward to. Your call though :)

Wendy: Terms of which board? The CIC, or our little section? I don't think we have special rules above and beyond the CIC :)

Okay. I was worried about telling someone exactly how to hack teh game and take the fun out.

A: It really is bad form. I might do it for a bit and then change badk. But it does get boring.

B: It has a tendency to spur debate I'd rather not get into. Besides, I'd have to agree with them, it's no fun if you hack and cheat. I do it so that I have somethng different and so that I can feel uber strong for a bit after getting my A** waxed for the 10th time in a row.

Use a text editor on most all of the files, unregistered. Read into them and it'll make sense to you. Then slowly hack and slash yourself to uberdom. But I wouldn't go too far or you'll soon be bored.

Back