Paul Barnett talks about WC CIC (LOAF) at Comic Con

Went to comic con last week and sat through one interesting panel led by Paul Barnett for Warhammer Online. Low and behold he talked about some of his previous experiences including a run in with a certain group of wing commander fanatics who came to his office to archive a bunch of old origin wing commander material he had innocuously gathered.

He actually spent a good amount of his panel complimenting you guys on your conviction and was talking about a new age of electronic anthropology that has started when you guys went to archive all the wing commander material he had. He said it was something he definitely did not want to do but was glad someone out there was doing it.

Was somewhat random, I actually went to his presentation to get into the room before the next presentation with Seth Green, and happened to run into a nice presentation talking about you guys at the WC CIC. He actually was a very good presenter, you go to panels with top stars and actors and they turn out to be absolutely horrible presenters, then you run into a guy like Barnett who is very charismatic, funny, and a very good presenter.

Anyways, props to you guys at the WC CIC

That really is great! Great work guys and congratulations!

"We've got top men on it."
"Who?"
"Top men."

Oh, um, if you just want to see the Wing Commander part, jump to 36 minutes in.

Really good stuff, what a great presenter.

well Anthropology deals more with the overall culture of a people whereas Archaeology looks after the actual people and things the people used so this would be more of an Archaeological project since its dealing in the actual physical remnants of a culture (the WC culture haha)

well Anthropology deals more with the overall culture of a people whereas Archaeology looks after the actual people and things the people used so this would be more of an Archaeological project since its dealing in the actual physical remnants of a culture (the WC culture haha)

Archeology is a subfield of Anthropology.

Ethnography directly studies culture and is also a subfield.

Either way, no foul.

yup, its one of the four main sub-fields of Anthropology.

Ethnography is a type of writing used to describe a culture, it references field notes taken either by the author (first-hand source) or by a Cultural Anthropologist (second-hand source). I agree, either way no foul, just Archaeology is my major and my passion and theres a lot of misconceptions about the whole field.

yup, its one of the four main sub-fields of Anthropology.

Ethnography is a type of writing used to describe a culture, it references field notes taken either by the author (first-hand source) or by a Cultural Anthropologist (second-hand source). I agree, either way no foul, just Archaeology is my major and my passion and theres a lot of misconceptions about the whole field.

I know where you are coming from. My BA is in Anthropology. My focus was in ethnography.

COP #1: This guy seems kind of foreign, lets administer the ethnograph.

Also, this thread was much better when it was all about how great I am.

Back