patches and stuff.

hellcatv said:
odd we'll have to look into that... after a while does it transition over to armor hit sound...
maybe it's cus your shields regenerated just a tad

No, I mean I haven't even heard the armor hit sound during whole this time I've played Remake. I can only hear shield hit sound when my armor is getting thinner...

Lone Wolf said:
Hmm...now that's odd. Do you have armor.wav and bigarmor.wav in your \Privateer\sounds folder?

Yeah, they are there but I've never heard them in game. Perhaps this is some kind of volume-issue, because the sound system is... interesting anyways and alot of people seem to have issues with it (like able to hear sounds from kazillion klicks away etc.)? And I suppose this is because not (nearly?) all sound cards have HW-support for this open-sourced whateverthesoundcodecnamewas Remake uses. For example my (crappy yeah I know) integrated C-Media 5.1 sound chip only supports Xear3D/CRL3D/EAX2.0/A3D1.0.

hellcatv said:
it uses eax2.0 (that's what the openAL spec says)

Well that's strange, then... I have latest XP-drivers and no problems whatsoever in other games, so this C-Media chip can't be THAT crappy? :)

Perhaps I should test Remake in my dad's laptop and listen how it sounds there...

hellcatv said:
Did you try messing with the volume variable in vegastrike.config

Yes but changing that <var name="Volume" value="80"/> only seem to affect shooting sound distances, not explosions or (missing) armorhit sounds.

Would it make any difference if I install latest OpenAL runtime libraries?
But strange indeed if it uses eax2.0 and my c-media SHOULD fully support it...

you could install those then delete the eax*.dll and openal32.dll files in the bin directory so it fetches your latest drivers instead of my prebaked ones

Btw. dunno if this bug is already reported&fixed to next version or caused by one of spirit's patches, but:

If my cargo expansions get damaged and I repair them, I don't get the cargo space back! Free cargo space is displayed -50 or something after repairing and I'll have to sell and buy expansions again.

Back