Outlander DVD Available Now (May 29, 2009)

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff

Outlander was released in the US on DVD on May 19th. After a tumultuous ordeal getting the film released, genre film fans have been reacting very positively to the sci-fi/period actioner mash-up. While there's no US Blu-Ray announced yet (only Canada in North America), the movie can be rented in HD on Xbox Live, The Playstation Network and iTunes/AppleTV. However Wing Commander fans might be more interested in the DVD. You can order it from Amazon here.

Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts' company Ascendant Pictures was the production company that made the film and Chris himself was a producer on the project. Chris' duties on the film went beyond simple producing though, and when schedules were tight he even directed a number of second unit shots himself. Along with the writers, director and a fellow producer, he provides a fairly interesting and entertaining audio commentary on the disc.

--
Original update published on May 29, 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered it for $13.99 on amazon just now. Says to expect shipment between june 15 and 24th.. so update to follow.

I ordered it for $13.99 on amazon just now. Says to expect shipment between june 15 and 24th.. so update to follow.

Wow.... that much of a wait? I guess they sold out! Normally if it's in stock it ships nearly immediately (or at least the next day)

I think its more of an Alaska thing. When I choose free super saver delivery, it usually takes two weeks, so thats right on par with normal for me.

Rented it from Blockbuster today and just finished watching it. It was pretty good. No Lord of the Rings, but not bad. Better than I thought it would be. It was a bit slow in parts, but a good watch overall.

Back