original WCP Script

Hobbes 2819

Spaceman
hi ppl!

i heard that the wcp script was radically reduced. i wanna know what the guys at origin planned for wcp that was never build in. if u have some info, can u post them , please

cya ppl
long live wing commander
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wonder, too...

A few months back, the CIC had a news entry that had a link to the supposed "original" WC5 (not yet Prophecy) script. That was the biggest peice of crap I'd ever seen... It actually went as far as saying Lone Wolf was Tolwyn's son.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

i got info that the original script was 200 to 300 pages long!
the used script is ~80 pages long!
something to think about....

and i heard from one guy that the piranha should have a stealth device !!
which leads to the idea : can the bugs see the invisible ships or not?
cya

The original script was 'bout 400 pages and after the cut there was about 100 left.

There is a cloack gun buried in the files from Prophecy, which sugest that cloaking was to be an option in the game, and there was also a conversation that wasn't used during the first mission in which Stiletto orders Maestro to cloak.

Hmm cloaking, thats the kind of thing I felt was missing from WC Prophecy. A few less bar conversations and a few more plot critical scenes and revelations would have suited me just fine.

There's anti-cloaking technology in 2680 (which probably spelled doom for the Excaliburs that never returned from their patrol)...

Uhh, where's this script? And I realise that over time, methods for countering cloaking devices can be developed, but were any of these actually mentioned in Prophecy?

Then there was that clip that wasn't used in the game that was supposed to be part of a mission. It explained that the bugs were seeing through their cloak.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

The previous post.
wink2.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read the manual, but never managed to get too far on the online stuff, cos shockwave is a bit shaky on my PC at that particular site. It crashes me so many times that I don't really wanna try it again. Er, this is www.wingcommanderprophecy.com you're referring to, right?

I've got the SO fiction, and I don't recall any mention of anti-cloaking... though I didn't get it at the time when it was password activated - I think someone mentioned there's only a 'default' storyline now. If anyone has the 'winning' fiction, I'd really like to have a read. It's sickening to do so well in the game and then read the fic as if everyone has rock-bottom morale.

Back