Opening Video Question

U

Unregistered

I just installed the complete Standoff package and have a question with the opening video and how it should look and run. About every 5 seconds or so I get a quick flash on the screen as the video redraws, yet the sound does not pause or break. Also after the first cap ship clears the screen and it switches to the view of the carrier launching fighters and the transport, the screen is black and white, then switches back to color when the original cap ship comes back on and prepares to jump.

Is this the way its suppose to look and run, as I have noticed no further video issues after this and the game appears to work fine from that point on.

I don't know about that flash you get every 5 seconds, I've never heard of anyone seeing anything like that. But as for the black & white segment, that's exactly how it's supposed to be. If you listen to the voiceovers, you'll understand that this part of the intro is happening in the past - so, it's black & white because old movies usually used black & white to show that something was happening in the past :).

Thanks, the B & W segment I figured was suppose to be like that, but wanted to make sure, as for that flicker, it only happens in the opening movie. The game play and segments on the ship work fine, the flicker is annoying when watching the open movie, but as long as it does not appear anywhere else, I will not bother trying to find a fix.

Back