One of the cooler WC-related life experiences I've had.

delonick

Spaceman
I write a technology column that appears on several news websites and a couple of newspapers.

I sent a press inquiry in to Cloud Imperium Games asking if I could interview someone involved in the crowdfunding operation - I figured actually talking to ANYONE there was a long shot, but it would be a neat idea for a column.

On Monday I did indeed get a call from someone on the team. This will get chopped down when it goes to press, but the unabridged web version is below:http://timesleader.com/stories/A-real-Star-Citizen,237179
http://timesleader.com/stories/A-real-Star-Citizen,237179

I've sat on editorial boards and shot harsh questions at U.S. Senators and CEOs, but on a phone call about a video game, I turn into a jibbering idiot.

A very well written article! I thought Mr. Lesnick (as head of Customer Relations at Cloud Imperium Games) would have given the interview, not Chris Roberts himself!

And this one sentence:“... if I owned the rights to Wing Commander, this would be Wing Commander" demonstrates why following Star Citizen is NOT out of place on a Wing Commander web site. Any progress on that SolSector forum?

I was really just looking for a primary source for an article about crowd funding vis-a-vis this game, maybe tying it in to other crowd-funded games, so I went through press channels. I think I get to talk to him (or maybe the developers) at some point because of my contribution level anyway, but I'm not sure.

Once I found out I was going to be talking to him, I was pretty excited. ( I walked out of my office and semi-yelled "I' GET TO TALK TO CHRIS ROBERTS!!", and everyone in the newsroom -really loud with lots of people talking- stopped what they were doing and looked at me for a second... -dead silence-...and then went back to work.)

Then he missed the call-in time (not his fault) and I was gripped by a soul crushing disappointment until I was contacted and they explained that there had been a scheduling conflict, and asked to reschedule later in the day.

And this one sentence:“... if I owned the rights to Wing Commander, this would be Wing Commander" demonstrates why following Star Citizen is NOT out of place on a Wing Commander web site. Any progress on that SolSector forum?

I'm really sorry but I still disagree, the creator wanting it to be Wing Commander is one thing, but it's still not Wing Commander. Perhaps story and canon are less important to others, but it just doesn't fit into our universe. What I have always loved about the CIC is that it's a place for Wing Commander, nothing else. We add an SC forum here, and what next? We start incorporating the SC story and ships into WCPedia? Like I said in the other thread, I just can't fathom why SC *needs* a forum here when it already has its own that we're all aware of.

Anyway I'm done hijacking delonick's thread!

I'm really sorry but I still disagree, the creator wanting it to be Wing Commander is one thing, but it's still not Wing Commander. Perhaps story and canon are less important to others, but it just doesn't fit into our universe. What I have always loved about the CIC is that it's a place for Wing Commander, nothing else. We add an SC forum here, and what next? We start incorporating the SC story and ships into WCPedia? Like I said in the other thread, I just can't fathom why SC *needs* a forum here when it already has its own that we're all aware of.

Anyway I'm done hijacking delonick's thread!

If Chris Roberts actually rebooted the series, with a new continuity, but same name, would you think it didn't belong on WCNews? Given the huge number of similarities it really does just seem to be a matter of a name to me.

Back