Old War Stories

Death's Head

Spaceman
Here's a silly war story:
There once was a pilot who could make every enemy ship he sees explode by snapping his fingers and saying "Poof". He was so embolden by his gift that he volunteered for the most dangerous missions.
One day, he flew off his carrier with a relatively inexperienced wingman named Bozo. After flying a brief comet-style patrol around the carrier Hornet's Nest they autopilot to the first navpoint when they stumble upon a Kilrathi patrol.
Bozo wants to break formation and Cuddles says, "Go get 'em". Bozo breaks formation and fires his Raptor's guns on full. With two bursts, the Dralthi disintegrates.
Bozo breaks in on the Comm; "Did you see that, I killed him?"
"That's great, I have the wingcat" Cuddles looses an HS just behind the remaining Dralthi, half a second later the ship blows up from reactor damage. The breached reactor sends energy out in all directions, partially weakening Cuddles' rear shield.
"Are you ok, Cuddles?"
"Hey no cat's going to put me into the vacuum you understand?"
"Ok, ok, I'd just hate to continue the strike on the Fralthi alone."
Cuddles then reassures Bozo, "The cat-bucket is going down no matter what. No matter what." The wing continues on towards the objective without further delays.
"Cuddles, I got bogies on my radar, clans of 'em."
"Roger, it's only a couple squadrons. They must have launched when the Fralthi picked us up. We can handle them, just stay with me and don't wander off."
"There're too many of 'em, we'll never even get a missile off at the Fralthi man! We should split."
"I said stay with me." Cuddles downs a Salthi with a Pilum and another with full guns. "Get your ass over here and take this guy off my tail, he must think my ship's his personal blow dryer."
"I'm on it." Bozo locks on to the Salthi's tail with a Javelin and fires away. "Missile away." The heat-seeker homes in on the Kilrathi fighter and seconds later blasts through the rear shield and armor, detonating the core. "I got one! I'm on a roll."
Cuddles shoots down two more Salthi then turns towards the remaining Salthi fighters and snaps his fingers while saying "Poof". The remaining light fighters go up in balls of fire.
"Wow. Did you see what happened to those fighters Cuddles? They just blew up."
"No man, I'm trying to take on these Krants. I could use some help here." Cuddles evades two missiles and notices a medium fighter right behind him. He drops a Porcupine and afterburns away. The Krant blows up. Another one launches a missile at Bozo's fighter. "Look out Bozo, you got a missile flying towards you!"
"Can't shake it Cuddles! Can't eject, I'm right under the Fralthi, and here guns will tear me apart. Tell Minx I wanted to bang…oh shhhi…" Bozo's Raptor exploding and Bozo was no more.
"Damn!" Cuddles looks back to his rear viewport at most of remaining pursuers and snaps his left fingers again saying "Poof" and they blow up. The remaining two Krants fire IR missiles and Cuddles steers towards the Fralthi. The Cruiser opens up with all its side flak guns and the missiles are inadvertently destroys the two missiles one, by one. "Yeah you bastards! No cat is going to put me in the vacuum." Cuddles swings his Raptor towards the two Krants and fires a missile at one and fires his guns at the ships the missile hits until there is only one Krant left.
The only Krant left fires lasers believing those guns make him a match for a Raptor. "I will drink your blood while I feast on your entrails, human!"
"No cat's going to put me in the vacuum, say good bye furball!" Cuddles fires an IR missile, but the Krant evades it. Cuddles launches his last IR at the Krant, taking down the ship's shields. He gets behind the Kilrathi and fires his last missile. And as the missile impacts, Cuddles notices the Fralthi is launching Jalthi. Cuddles flies through the Krant/fireball towards the first heavy fighter and blasts it with full guns. The two fighters fly in circles trying to get shots at each other. Finally Cuddles gets behind the big ship and fires his at the Jalthi four times. The first two salvos are absorbed by the Jalthi's rear shield, the next two hit the armor with the final one reaching the core.
"How's it feel to fry, furball? No cat's ever going to make me suck vacuum!" Cuddles flies through the fireball which blocks out his view of the Fralthi he is on a collision course for. He looks at his radar and sees the Fralthi is right in front of him, but he can't see it. He switches his targetting scanners directly ahead just in time to see the range. "Oh shh…" Cuddles quickly snaps his left figers again and screams "Poof!" The Cruiser blows up ferociously sending the Jalthi that just launched at Cuddle's fighter. As Cuddles clears the last Jalthi's fireball he sees a huge fighter hurtling towards him only meters away.
The two ships collide and both explode and form a single combined fireball in space.

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

It was just suposed to be another boring patrol through the Agea System in search of a few half-ass pirates that had been raiding the shipping lanes. But unbeknownced to Major Andy "Stalker" Walters, today was to be his last, and his ships aswell.
After a short briefing Andy made his ay to the flightdeck to begin prepping his Hellcat. In his state of bordom he didn't notice the puddle of oil on the floor. The poor bastard sliped on the oil and by reflex he tried to grab something that could save hime from falling. In doing so he grabed a Dart Dumbfire missile, pulling it from the munitions rack it had been seated on.
The large warhead of the Dumbfire exploded on contect with the flightdeck. Nearby fuel and munitions followed suit causing a chain reaction that rippled through the flightdeck and the rest of the ship. Moments later , the small carier exploded in a briliant ball of white-hot light.

You see. One man CAN make a difference.
smile.gif

-----------
You might be a redneck if...You own more cowboy boots than sneakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Deadman, you're wrong on that one!
smile.gif

It takes at least two people to make that happen. Don't forget the mun tech who left the missile lying around without the safety on. If he survived he would have to be killed for excessive stupidity!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Your right, but your also wrong. If some dumbass tech hadn'tleft the puddle of oil on the floor nothing would have happened.

----------------
You might be a redneck if...It's easier to spray weed killer on your lawn than mow it.

Not necessarily, remember the techs run when Pliars dropped the Flash-Pak on the deck? I think he knew it wouldn't go off after he looked at it.

Forget your password again deadman?

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited April 13, 2000).]

Naw, I just joined a sqaud and it is much easier to register on boards. It's rather amazing the number of people who go by the callsign "Deadman."

-------------
You might be a redneck if...You think that John Deere Green, Ford Blue, and Primer Gray are the three of the primary colors.

For wich game, Deadman?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Freespace... Wanna try it? I have an extra copy lying around somewhere. it's in German though.
wink.gif

------------
You might be a redneck if...You've ever climbed a water tower with a bucket of paint to defend your sister's honor.

Wich Freespace? I've got both.

Death's Head: Why is the guy in a fighter? If I were the head honcho in Confed I'd put him on my flagship and just storm trough the Cats.

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

[This message has been edited by No Regret (edited April 21, 2000).]

FS2... I've got both games too.
smile.gif
FS1's multiplayer really isn't all that great because it's to laggy with more then 2-3 players. FS2 is better though. An average game has 4-6 people with no lag at all. God I love that game. Spend an average of 6 hours a night playing it.
smile.gif

---------------
You might be a redneck if...The ASPCA raids your kitchen.

I haven't tried fs2 multiplayer yet. It was nealy unplayable on my old system and keeps crapping out on me on my new one. I'm just gonna wait around for starlancer.

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back