OK, at least I got Privateer to run...

U

Unregistered

First: Yes, you've likely heard my questions before and I apologize, but I'd really like to get Priv to run. So thanks in advance for any assistance.

I got Priv to run under Windows 98 with a boot disk. However, I'm clueless as to how to get my sound and joystick working. I have a generic Quickshot (2 axes, 4 buttons) that I used ages ago to play Priv on my Pentium 75. But I didn't set it up so I don't know where to locate the driver for it. Any ideas? As for my audio setup...I have a crappy onboard audio thing (this is an off-the-shelf HP system) but it supports MIDI, etc. Any idea for drivers?

===============
AUTOEXEC.BAT
===============

rem loadhigh=mscdex /d:mscd001 /l:m
rem running priv.tre from hard disk
mouse.exe

===============
CONFIG.SYS
===============

devicehigh=himem.sys
devicehigh=emm386.exe ram 16384 i=b000-b7ff
dos=high,umb
fileshigh=30
buffershigh=30
devicehigh=oakcdrom.sys /d:mscd001 /l:m

Thanks for your help.

Try LH mouse.exe in autoexec.bat. As for getting sound card/joystick to run... If that joystick is gameport (I'm not sure if anything else will work), you WILL need drivers for the sound card. Dig through your system properties and see if you can determine what sound card you have.

*Thinks some more* Easier way: Access Multimedia through Control Panel, and you should definitely find it.

devicehigh=himem.sys
^^^ I don't think you can load himem.sys into high memory. :)

devicehigh=oakcdrom.sys /d:mscd001 /l:m
^^^ REM this out -- don't need the CD for playing off the hard disk.

As for the sound stuff... ugh, an onboard card would (I would imagine) be a true pain for Privateer. If you have a free ISA slot you can pick up a SB32 AWE off of eBay for $5... that'll give you working sound and a gameport for the joystick.

Back