Nuke 'em back to Kilrah!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
I figured since I already posted screenshots from one of the ep. 2 missions, I should post some from a simulator mission. So here's a Morningstar having fun with its Mace then wreaking havoc on a Fralthi. This mission was coded by Tango.

Notice that after my torpedo run on the Fralthi's bridge, I didn't even get time for another torpedo lock... some wingman had already torpedoed the Fralthi's engines when I came around for my second pass.

It comes in handy too - Quarto just told me on ICQ that he took out two capship components at once by aiming a mace between them. :p

Not onboard Bradshaw's sorry excuse for a carrier, no. :p

We will have AI Morningstars in the campaign, though (flown off the Concordia, IIRC). I haven't tested Morningstar AI, but presumably they'll use the Mace normally. They might get themselves killed while using it, though.

Some more shots courtesy of Q (the HUD looks better on his computer :( )

Also, he has a thing for Kamekhs, specially the ones which disappear in a ring of fire.

Oh, that's just my graphics card, it creates such artifacts when playing WCP/SO without the 32 bit patch active. I normally only take shots in 32 bit, but I forgot to turn it on before taking these.

...And anyway, you're supposed to be looking at the dying Kamekh ;).

Hmmm gotta love nuclear weapons in space...

Are we going to see any of the kilrathi area nuke attacks during BoT that took out a good deal of fighters on approach to the Hakagas?

Quarto said:
I normally only take shots in 32 bit, but I forgot to turn it on before taking these.
Testing splash screens, are we? :p

Dundradal said:
Are we going to see any of the kilrathi area nuke attacks during BoT that took out a good deal of fighters on approach to the Hakagas?
The missile-type area attacks aren't very effective (Mace included). It's hard enough to take out two fighters with a Mace, let alone wipe a whole wing.

The Flak screen's sure to bag a few fighters before they see what him 'em, though. If you let three or four flak bursts hit you in sequence, you're sure to have internal damage no matter which ship you're flying... and the front line of the Kilrathi fleet will include lots of Kamekhs, which due to their maneuverability and flak turrets, always mean trouble - so trust me, getting close to *any* of the big kilrathi capships will be hard, even if they're just small battlegroups... and they won't be later on. :cool:

Back