Nose Art

Damon Carnes?

It's possible, but we don't know for sure. Maniac does call him "the best pilot that ever flew for the Confederation", and he did serve during the period that the other top aces were flying (before Custer's Carnival).

Also: Karnes is spelled with a K -- you see the name on the wreckage of his fighter in the last shot of the episode.

(I think the cc for the episode actually spells it 'Carnes'... but then it also has Commodore Tallwood... and the evil Kilrapi:))

hmm, the two ships that seem to be Angel's have different numbers of kills. Though she probably is scoring kills as the movie progresses, it seems to be a huge increase.

Is the second one Angel's fighter? It might be Bossman's (also, note that it's a behind-the-scenes shot rather than part of the movie's continuity -- it's part of a series of pictures taken showing the building of the Rapiers...).

I wonder if the Kilrathi characters have been intentionally made to look like the little Japanese war flag kill markings you see on World War II fighters.

haha, I see what you're talking about in regards to the Japanese kill markings. That's entirely possible!

Do we know who the highest scoring kilrathi ace of the war was?

Is the second one Angel's fighter? It might be Bossman's (also, note that it's a behind-the-scenes shot rather than part of the movie's continuity -- it's part of a series of pictures taken showing the building of the Rapiers...)

Your probably right about it being Bossmans. Here's the best I could get of bossmans where you actually see the kill marks

Attachments

• PDVD_000.JPG
    PDVD_000.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 81
Yup, that's Bossman -- the script actually specifies the number of kills: "The Rapier is scorched along its fuselage. The scorch marks partially obscure the 26 KILRATHI KILLS chalked up on the fuselage."

The novelization and the handbook both mention this, too. The novel calls the kill markings "Kilrathi paw prints".

Also: is the "Cmdr. Charles Chen" sign visible in the finished movie?

Yup, that's Bossman -- the script actually specifies the number of kills: "The Rapier is scorched along its fuselage. The scorch marks partially obscure the 26 KILRATHI KILLS chalked up on the fuselage."

The novelization and the handbook both mention this, too. The novel calls the kill markings "Kilrathi paw prints".

Also: is the "Cmdr. Charles Chen" sign visible in the finished movie?

Very interesting...

Attachments

• PDVD_000.JPG
    PDVD_000.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 67
  • PDVD_001.JPG
    PDVD_001.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 67
Back