No News is not good news

That would be kinda fun. I'll participate when I get unbanned.

I pissed off Death. I should be back in a week . . hopefully.

Hopefully's the proper term, one doesn't play around with Death (both literally and figuratively) and lives ;) .

But look at it this way man, at least you got a mop buddy to help you swab da deck. Sucks to do it alone...

Hey, alright . . . I didn't consider the fact that it'd add its own junk onto it. Oops. Oh well.

And, now that I'm back, I'm ready to start recording gurgly, snarly insults for the humans, and gurgly, snarly pickup lines for all of the hot Kilrathi honeys.

Eder / Q, I know it is like the Nth time somone asks you this in the past two months, but I am anxious, so how is Standoff progressing now?

It is progressing, let me say as I am privy to at least some info. Voiceovers, briefings, things like that are being done as well as mission scripting. This is nothing You can make a fancy homepage update on - all that work is already done; what's left is the silent but tedious work that mods are made of. Rest assured everyone on the team is doing theirs and the mod WILL be ready. Nobody has given up and neither should You! :)

In the words of the Confed pilot I voiced for Standoff . . .

"I got your death warrant signed, right here!"

Nicely, and not so nicely. The most problematic field is still missions... that hasn't changed much. However, we've gotten a really good bunch of voiceovers and figured out how to fix some game-crashing comm bugs we were having (though it seems like some other form of this bug still remains... I'm trying to put together an updated main package to check wheter some of the changes I've made fix this or not).

Q can probably talk about the mission side of things more than I can.

Hey, it's Admiral Gryphon :p That's the man responsible for some of the really good voiceovers I just mentioned. Beat me to this reply for a minute :p

Wow, psych also beat me to the reply. That's 2 out of 3 great voiceover people who have sent in their work lately... now where is overmortal? :)

Yeah, missions are making progress, though not quite as much as I wish they were :p. Still, we've got just over half of the prologue missions done now, and they won't require such a vast amount of debugging that UE missions required. The remaining missions are being worked on. One of the programmers that was working on these missions had disappeared, which is annoying, but if he doesn't reappear, it's no big deal, we'll just assign the mission to someone else.

That Ronald guy. He did mission 6 & 7, and then he started on mission 4, but I haven't heard from him for a while.

Thanks for the update, guys. Hey Eder I´m still waiting for that voice assignment. My voiceovers are probably not as good as those guys but I´m sure I can do something better than the doomed little Spanish kid that was assigned to Ghost :D

I'm here, I'm here. It's been somewhat busy lately. My band is gearing up to get back to doing shows, plus we've been working on that blasted cd.

But, yes, I've done all the voiceovers I've been sent so far. Unfortunately, I was sick when I did them, so in the main campaign, I'll probably sound different. Also, my parents have given me a new (well, it's used, but it's new to me) computer for my birthday, which I'm going to upgrade the hell out of and get ready for Standoff. Why in the hell would someone build a 1.5 gigahertz machine with only 112 meg ram, running XP with a bunch of extra crap? Stupid.

Back