New WC Music Video

WCblitz

Captain
Hi,

Just a note to let you know I've posted a new WC Music Video on my You Tube page.
This one is Called "Wing Commander What I've Done"

Feel free to check out this new one as well as the other 3 WC Video I have made. Also if your a fan I have also made a few Guild Wars Related Videos including the long 2 part Guild Wars Saga.

Thanks,

Blitz

oh, heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/red25ty

Note, the new video might not be up before noon today.

Hi,

Just a note to let you know I've posted a new WC Music Video on my You Tube page.
This one is Called "Wing Commander What I've Done"

Feel free to check out this new one as well as the other 3 WC Video I have made. Also if your a fan I have also made a few Guild Wars Related Videos including the long 2 part Guild Wars Saga.

Thanks,

Blitz

oh, heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/red25ty

Note, the new video might not be up before noon today.

So *YOU* are the one... I have an opinion of your previous ones but I'll keep it to myself.

Also, as of this moment the new one isn't up yet.

Yes...well I think I'm getting better....anyway the new one is up there was a bug in the encoding that added 6mins of dead silence onto it which made it too long for youtube but I fixed it so its up now.

A few things I still need to learn tho Is how to make all clips appear full screen on Youtube, as even tho I use my editors stretch to full screen option it does not all ways work. I use Camtasia Studio 4.

Heres the direct link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VWP5wYUakU

Yes...well I think I'm getting better....anyway the new one is up there was a bug in the encoding that added 6mins of dead silence onto it which made it too long for youtube but I fixed it so its up now.

At a guess, I don't think that's what AD meant.

Anyway, let's have a look at this. Hmmm, it starts off with some easily recognisable chunks of my Armaggedon video, then moves on to a WC4 trailer, then if i'm not mistaken crescendos with bits of AD's Dallas themed video.

Taking one specific clip, such as a jump point sequence or Blair's fighter fleeing a kaploding Kilrah from a music video is one thing. Taking recognisable sequences from other peoples' music videos and passing the resulting hybrid off as a new fmv is quite another.

You need to listen to a song, look at what clips you have and see what you think would work best pretty much line by line, and also what transitions and effects might complement it, not just clump lengthy sequences together, especially if they weren't of your making to begin with.

Well after taking movie making back in college, I have 2 points.

One: You have clips from 3 different games that totals 3 times the length of the song used. If it were me, I would have stuck with one game not all three.

Which leads me to the next point.

Two: You didn't extend the song very well. I noted that the song suddenly skips during the video. Part of the song suddenly skips to another part. Plywood was right when he said that transitions would complement the video AS WELL as the music.

As far as using other peoples work. I'm not defending anyone, but isn't it possible that blitz just chose those sequences out of coincidence as they fit the music he selected. Everything could just be coincidence.

Just my 2 credits.
But overall it wasn't bad.

As far as using other peoples work. I'm not defending anyone, but isn't it possible that blitz just chose those sequences out of coincidence as they fit the music he selected. Everything could just be coincidence.

Just my 2 credits.

No it isn't a coincidence. If you look at "his" other three videos they are *EXACTLY* two of mine and one of Plywood Fiend's. All he did was swap out the audio for a song of his own. It probably took him longer to make the picture with his name at the start than to do any actual editing. In fact uploading it to youtube was probably more effort.

EDIT= If Blitz is really interested in making WC music videos, Lacking source material isn't an excuse. Download the prophecy VOBs from the CIC or HCls movie viewer and extract whatever scenes you need from the PC version. I really don't mind if you use ours for inspiration but wholesale hashing of our work that was designed to fit specific timings and melodies is not the way to go, aside from the fact that you are limiting your options for scenes and edits.

well, I won't disagree with the content coments (tho I did give credit in my other videos at there title screen of whose video it was orginaly), as far as how easy or how long it took to make, this last one took me the better part of 7 days. (editing the clips together, going thru about 50 other videos on ebay to look for the right music, converting all the difrent file types, encoding it about 30 difrent times till it look atlest half way the way I wanted it too). The Encoding alone even on my 2gig ram 2.4 gig p4 intel depending on codec sometimes took between 5mins and 10 hours each time.

Your right on my first videos tho, They where basicly minor edits with difernt music. Tho I think there still fun to watch.
IF you check out my Guild Wars videos (the GW saga 2 parter took the better part of 3 weeks to make)
on my Page I think you can see what I can do. As soon as I can figure out my hd space I plan on d/l those VOB files.
So giving time I think you'll like what you see.

Well, I didn't watch the other 3 videos, just the one this thread is about. Ok then, I'm staying out of this one.

well, I won't disagree with the content coments (tho I did give credit in my other videos at there title screen of whose video it was orginaly), as far as how easy or how long it took to make, this last one took me the better part of 7 days. (editing the clips together, going thru about 50 other videos on ebay to look for the right music, converting all the difrent file types, encoding it about 30 difrent times till it look atlest half way the way I wanted it too). The Encoding alone even on my 2gig ram 2.4 gig p4 intel depending on codec sometimes took between 5mins and 10 hours each time.

Your right on my first videos tho, They where basicly minor edits with difernt music. Tho I think there still fun to watch.
IF you check out my Guild Wars videos (the GW saga 2 parter took the better part of 3 weeks to make)
on my Page I think you can see what I can do. As soon as I can figure out my hd space I plan on d/l those VOB files.
So giving time I think you'll like what you see.

Practice is certainly worth the effort as you will know which codecs and settings work better for the next time you make a video.

I'm not sure what ebay has to do with choosing a song though. Any MP3 you have or make from a CD you have will do, though obviously you want to use something that inspires you. However Plywood fiends critism is correct. There's no reason to extend the song. It's ackward the way it clips off and restarts in places. Its better to match your editing and movie legnth to the song than to edit a bunch of scenes together and then try and make the song fit after. Honestly, that's completely backwards.

Plus the less times you need to convert stuff the better. Using other music videos really compromises the quality of your own product as they have already gone through various recompression methods to make them download friendly. I think part of what is limiting you is actually your choice of software. Plus, If you have a DVD burner you don't need to worry too much about harddrive space when you can put it all on a DVD and then only transfer the files you need to the harddrive while you are editing (if space is an issue).

Also try and keep a unified theme in mind for your videos. Anyone can slap a song over a bunch of random scenes. Have something in mind that you want to focus on and pick the song and scenes accordingly. PLywood fiends latest video is a good example of telling a bit of a story by means of the scenes he picked along with an apropriate song. It's something I try and do with my videos too.

hmm, put the files on a dvd...don't know why I did not think of that.

I ment youtube not ebay.....(smaks head....)

As to the software , http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp cost about $300, I'm using version 4. I have yet to try the new version 5 that just came out.
(check out my Guild wars saga videos on youtube it really shows off the work I can do with the software. adding subtitles etc theres much more I can do with it once I learn/practice with it)

It sometimes crashes during along encode, but I think thats due to low hd space or hds that need defraging. other then that I think my pc's specs should be fine for doing the work.

Back