New Standoff Scoreboards Rank Wingnuts Globally (January 8, 2006)

@Quatro
you really fly WC with the Mouse?

I can fly Freespace 2 and Freelancer with the Mouse and Keybord but for some reason I can not fly WC really good with the mouse....

When flying WC I need a Stick ^^ *OK, I played WC 1 and 2 with keybord because i didn't had a stick that time ^^*

Hello,

I play mouse too,
Is the difference between joystick and mouse/keyboard is really strong ?
A keyboard/mouse player will have a chance against a joystick player in the future wcp online ?
(sorry for my bad english)

Rmax2 said:
Hello,

I play mouse too,
Is the difference between joystick and mouse/keyboard is really strong ?
A keyboard/mouse player will have a chance against a joystick player in the future wcp online ?
(sorry for my bad english)
It just depends on what you prefer.

Peidu said:
Oh, so you all have joysticks... Thats why I'm so crap, because I'm stuck in the keyboard era.

Actually, I use a keyboard as well. I never could get the hang of using a mouse, though.

I think keyboard(+mouse) is fine to fight AI ships... against other human players it gets a bit harder, though (from my testing experience on the WCP-MP patch having played both with joystick and mouse).

Sternenwind said:
@Quatro
you really fly WC with the Mouse?
Sure. WC is one of the few sim games that actually had a great mouse-control system. The only disadvantage a mouse user has over joystick users is the inability to easily change throttle (since your left hand is in the tab area, so +/- are a bit far away).

Quarto said:
Sure. WC is one of the few sim games that actually had a great mouse-control system. The only disadvantage a mouse user has over joystick users is the inability to easily change throttle (since your left hand is in the tab area, so +/- are a bit far away).
Hmm, I never could fly worth crap using a mouse and I'm an ace with a joystick.

If you have different version of the guns, would it possible to add all convergence typ of the gun? Well you just need to prevent using 6 guns at once :)

But for the Hornet it would be easy, because it has only on gun or?

god damn I have to say damaging then killing is a much faster way to rack up points...just got over 2000 before wave 5 by quick killing....

it's hard though...even though they are damaged they still have missiles and guns that hurt...

by the way did I mention that I hate the krant and drakhai more than any other fighters....

hö?
I do not know what you mean

if you got all quick kills to wave 5 you got 1750 points

100 +50
150 + 50+100
200 + 50+100+150
250 +50+100+150+200

= 1750

I personal hate the kant the most. Thes cheap god fpr nothing enemies know what you do before you know it. They are a real pain for quick kill because they evade very good...

numbers is not zathras's strong point...

when your in the zone your in the zone...

their AB is just fast enough where they can stay just ahead of missiles as well...just have to gun them down

Sternenwind said:
hö?
I do not know what you mean

if you got all quick kills to wave 5 you got 1750 points

100 +50
150 + 50+100
200 + 50+100+150
250 +50+100+150+200

= 1750

But Dundradal could mean the Broadsword or Crossbow; both of them have the "bomber bonus" of up to 80% because they have no ABs. He could get well over 2000 if he was quick-killing with either of them.

And if he was, I tip my hat to him...it's not easy to shoot selectively when you're flying a bomber.

Back