New NAUSICAA DVD has Mark Hamill as Voice

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
New Nausicaä DVD English Dub has MARK HAMILL as Voice

Well, the other night I made a run to Wally World at like midnight to get the long awaited Nausicaä DVD release.

nausicaa6.jpg

The film is just awesome. It's the first movie done by Hayao Miyazaki and his company Studio Ghibli. Amazingly enough Disney released an exceptional English dubbed version with a great cast:

Alison Lohman .... Nausicaä
Edward James Olmos .... Mito
Mark Hamill .... Mayor Of Pejite
Shia LaBeouf .... Asbel
Patrick Stewart .... Lord Yupa
Uma Thurman .... Kushana
Emily Bauer .... Princess Lastelle
Cam Clarke .... Prince Milo
Chris Sarandon.... Kurotawa

You'd remember Chris Sherandon as Prince Humperdink (from The Princess Bride). Uma Thurman is an exceptional 'villian' in the English dub. As is Patrick Stewart and Edward James Olmos. The Dub was very well cast and I was pretty impressed with the lip sync. I really love the movie. It has a great ending and is certainly one of the better Ghibli films. The second disc is listed as "special features" but the bulk of the special features (including a couple featurettes and the trailers) are on the first disc. The special features disc is just the film in storyboard form. You can watch the entire movie with the sound effects and actors speaking except see it with the storyboards. An interesting way of watching the movie... pretty amazing.

I've seen commercials for this film. And I've really been wanting to see it. I'm a big fan of Miyazaki's work. Plus, it's got Patrick Stewart in it.

Shipgate said:
I've seen commercials for this film. And I've really been wanting to see it. I'm a big fan of Miyazaki's work. Plus, it's got Patrick Stewart in it.

Boy, could I tell you what else me and LOAF watched tonight that has Patrick Stewart in it..

lifeforce1.jpg

lifeforce2.jpg

lifeforce3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Hamill does a lot of Miyazaki stuff. He was the heavy in Castle in the Sky, for example.

I saw this movie a while back with the subtitles only, but with such great voice actors I'm excited to see it again. Perhaps I can coax my friend into purchasing it...

LIfeforce was a cool flick. Space invaders that are Vampires that can look like really hot chicks and get naked so they can get very close to the unsuspecting male human to suck their life out.

Nausicaä is an ok movie. I own the Cantonese version (i don't understand it...but i get my dad to translate for me ;) ). It has some slightly gory parts, but overall its a nice anime to watch.

I would rather watch Spaceballs though.

When he's not being Picard, Stewart is a master of really bad sci-fi movies (X-Men, X2, Lifeforce, Dune)

Bandit LOAF said:
What's with it? Well... it's afraid! IT'S AFRAID!

actually if my memory of watching the VHS release in preschool is accurate, it's angry. :) (red eyes mean angry mutant space slugs)

Back