New Mod for FC

saf0775

Rear Admiral
As my Robotech mod nears it's 3/4 point, I'm finishing up the concept stage of my next FC mod project. I'll give you a hint in two words:

"Greetings, Starfighter."

Starfighter? Seriously?

Wow, that's rather funny (in an unexpected but awesome way).

There's not a lot of material to work with, though, from what I remember. Was there only the one movie or did there exist a novel as well?

Dont know about a novel...I'll have to look into that.

My game will be a sequal, of sorts. It will deal with the last few lines of the first movie. That being that Zur had escaped, that "The Frontier" was still down, and that Alex was tasked with rebuilding the Starleague.

My mod will take the player as a new recruit in the Starleague, flying "new" Gunstars, against lots of different enemies. I have most of the models and f/x already.

...I need to finish Robotech first.

Wait Three-Quarters Point ?:confused:?

Are you sure? I think you are seriously underestimating a key aspect here. Even with all of the resources already made (models, the majority of VOs, sounds, and animations), the missions themselves will still take some time since you will no doubt have quite a bit of scripting to do and I doubt your campaign is just going to be a quick 5 missions, either.

I don't mean to rain on your parade; I'm giving you some perspective as to the amount of work left.

Wait Three-Quarters Point ?:confused:?

Are you sure? I think you are seriously underestimating a key aspect here. Even with all of the resources already made (models, the majority of VOs, sounds, and animations), the missions themselves will still take some time since you will no doubt have quite a bit of scripting to do and I doubt your campaign is just going to be a quick 5 missions, either.

I don't mean to rain on your parade; I'm giving you some perspective as to the amount of work left.

The mojority of the missions are realativly easy to script (and will still be fun). No more or less difficult than anything already provided with FC. There will need to be a few missions that require additional scripting, but I'm not too concerned about it.

I think 3/4 is a realistic way of putting it. I have a stable, playable game at this point. If I were to do just minor tweaks on the campaign already provided with FC, the game would available for download within a week.

If I can take off in my own ship (with it's own fully customized script), fly to nav points, destroy differnt types of craft with thier own unique weapons and communications, fly back to my starting point, land on the SDF-1, and get an accurate debriefing based on my performance during that mission, then watch a cutscene based on that same performance, then I've accomplished 75% of my task. Thats where I'm at to this point, and thats pretty far along for any mod.

In a way I do agree with you...that the last 25% of production will be the most difficult and time consuming, but it's the meat and potatos of what we will experience when playing, so while I will be speding lots of time on this, it's not in the least bit daunting.

Back