New forum!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
To all the fans who were scared of posting on a german site's forum, I present the new Standoff forum :D

Maybe now we'll have some actual discussion going on here, who knows. Either way, it's a much better method of asking questions or making suggestions about the project than emailing me.

--Eder

Of course it is alive. My computer is kinda dead, like I said in one of the latest site updates, though, so progress has been very limited... That's gonna change once I fix my computer, though :)

--Eder

I know,I know,I visit your page all the time.I like the Screenshots that are on pages now!

Im very happy ,cause now looks like Standoff will come true after all.Even with your page`s updates,I was a little worried :)

Here's a screenshot of how my desktop looked like two seconds ago, just for fun... or maybe it has some hidden meaning to it! :p

talon1.png

--Eder

Yo! Your next Ship will be the Talon ?Cant wait to see your textures!Because if extures I like Standoff so much ;)

Nono ;)...

It was just a comment to the move of the Standoff Site.

It's just, that we published Standoff in some magazines and that we hosted the Standoff website, and there is no single thank you. He didn't even say, that he will move from our servers....

Uh, Obee, when you told me about the new conditions of the UfoS network hosting, I DID tell you that I couldn't remain there under those new conditions, and that I would probably have to move the site. That was the last time I saw you on ICQ, though, so I didn't get another chance to tell you about the move.

Some thanks are really due, though, and I'm sorry that I forgot to put them in the old site's last update. :( Anyway, the people who I had contact with were the Wingcenter staff, not the UfoS staff (I'm not sure why you agree to the new hosting conditions, actually... we haven't had time to talk about this on ICQ)... well, I really forgot to thank the Wingcenter staff on the old site, I'll fix that right away, and I hope I can still count on you to help me with the rest of the project. I mean, I may have changed hosts, but you were helping me with more than just webspace.

Oh, and I almost forgot.... I've already thanked you guys in the most important place of them all - the Standoff credits! :) You've seen the preview version for yourself, and I bet you remember the opening credits, right? :)

--Eder

Neat... maybe now Standoff's forum will get the attention it deserves :).

...But what on earth could a Talon have to do with Standoff? ;)

Originally posted by Quarto
Neat... maybe now Standoff's forum will get the attention it deserves :).

Pff, If no one want to register in the WingCenter forums *gg* ;).

@Eder: It's okay, I just wondered, that i haven't got anything; E-Mail or something like that, no notice ;).
We'll of course continue supporting you =). It's for Wing Commander you know *G*.

...But what on earth could a Talon have to do with Standoff? ;)

:) Hey ,its 2668 !There,Talons where there in Gemini at that time (Privateer/RF).

Originally posted by Obee
Pff, If no one want to register in the WingCenter forums *gg*.
I'm not sure what's wrong with people either. I thought they'd start using the wingcenter forums once registration was no longer needed, but apparently, most people were just scared by the german banner ads or something :p

what on earth could a Talon have to do with Standoff? ;)
I... don't... know... I guess. :D

--Eder

I'm glad Standoff has moved here too. :) And I just didn't post much at the old forums because I spend enough time here already.

If I may ask, what are the new hosting conditions which made you decide to move, Eder?

And what's wrong with the Talons you made before?
http://standoff.ufosnetwork.com/shots/talon.jpg
http://standoff.ufosnetwork.com/shots/img11big.jpg

BTW, will you keep those old JPEGs in the shots directory? Since they're only at the ufosnetwork.com site and not the solsector.net one.

Nah, I don't think I'm gonna upload the old JPGs to the new site... those ships aren't gonna be used anymore, anyway. (So I think you better save those shots Wedge, they might become worth billions someday :p)

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with the old Talon model, except that it has quadrangular faces, and simply splitting them all into triangles for use in the Vision engine would probably result in an overfaced model. Oh, those missiles on the wingtips look cheesy, too :D

--Eder

Plus, they would look especially cheesy after the Talon had fired off all its missiles and the damn things were still there ;).

BTW, Eder, I sure hope you design the textures in such a way that they can easily be altered later on to match some of the other factions that make use of Talons... ;)

Back