New Babylon 5

My husband bought me the complete B5 series for mommy's day (gave it to me early) as well as the Ranger movie. Got me the pack of B5 movies a couple of years ago. I've been watching B5 every waking minute that I've been home since Saturday. :)

The Legend of Rangers is not very good at all. I picked it up about 6 months ago, watched it once and in the case it has sat. Not the best of B5.

I'm looking forward to Volume 11 of the Scripts. It has some great episodes in it along with some great JMS stuff.

I saw the Rangers movie when it first aired. Wasn't great but was enjoyable. Definitely better than the series that followed.

I miss G'Kar. :(

The Legend of Rangers is not very good at all. I picked it up about 6 months ago, watched it once and in the case it has sat. Not the best of B5.

I'm looking forward to Volume 11 of the Scripts. It has some great episodes in it along with some great JMS stuff.

Granted it wasn't the best of B5. It was meant to be the pilot for a new series that unfortunally never happened. Had a series followed I think the movie would have been liked much better by fans ( the way B5's pilot movie "The Gathering" wasn't very good on it's own but watched with the series is much more enjoyable), but without one, to me anyway, it just reeks of unfulfilled potential.

As for "The Lost Tales" I'm really looking forward to this. I hope that it deals with some of the unfinished story arcs left over from Crusade. Plus if this movie does well JMS has said he hopes to do additional Lost Tales DVDs:D

I saw the Rangers movie when it first aired. Wasn't great but was enjoyable. Definitely better than the series that followed.

I think you are thinking of "A Call to Arms" where the two new Excalibur class destroyers are used to destroy the last remaining Shadow Deathcloud. The series that follows is "Crusade" and I have to say the movie is better than the series. I've only watched through it (in JMS order not the DVD order) twice and was not as enthralled by it. Maybe because was so used to all the people coming and going on B5 it got hard to just literally see the same people every show without as much happening beyond the scope of the bridge of the Excalibur.

I actually just watched "The Gathering" the other day. One of my favorite parts that I didn't realize happened until later after looking through the Lurker's Guide is when Kosh first comes on B5 and calls Sinclair Entil'za Valen. Talk about foreshadowing! It's a great little moment that most miss.

When I first got my B5 DVDs (well the first ones were asian bootlegs) I watched the series along with the accompanying movies in order. When I finally found a good deal on the real DVDs (where everything actually works!) I watched them all again. Still every now and then I like to pop in a random disc and just watch.

I've already preordered my copy of TLT, can't wait for this summer! WC Arena and B5 TLT!

I actually just watched "The Gathering" the other day. One of my favorite parts that I didn't realize happened until later after looking through the Lurker's Guide is when Kosh first comes on B5 and calls Sinclair Entil'za Valen. Talk about foreshadowing! It's a great little moment that most miss.

Their are two versions of The Gathering.In the orginal version that aired on t.v. prior to the first season, Kosh didn't say that.

When TNT picked up the series in the forth season, JMS redid The Gathering into a telefilm for TNT and added a few new things, such as the Kosh scene, and removed a few scenes that didn't realy fit with the series.

There were no meantions of Sinclair being Valen until it was revealed in the third season orginally.

I understand that. I didn't get into B5 until the TNT reairing before the 5th season so I hadn't seen it in the original till a long time after.

I think you are thinking of "A Call to Arms" where the two new Excalibur class destroyers are used to destroy the last remaining Shadow Deathcloud.

I'm aware that Crusade is the subsequent series. But no, I mean The Legend of the Rangers, not A Call to Arms.

I'm aware that Crusade is the subsequent series. But no, I mean The Legend of the Rangers, not A Call to Arms.

There was no series that came after Legend of the Rangers. It was the pilot for a series that was never picked up. Crusade was before Legend of the Rangers. Until The Lost Tales is released, Legend of the Rangers is the most recent entry in the B5 universe.

*sigh* Nevermind. Tired of trying to clear things up with people who obviously know what I'm saying better than I do.

Just got the new volume of JMS B5 scripts, volume 11. It has some great ones in there. Endgame, Rising Star, and especially cool Sleeping in Light, the final B5 episode, but presented in production order. JMS has a pretty long intro that tells the story of the move to TNT and the telemovies, as well as the story of Claudia Christian's leaving B5. While I don't think every book is a must have for B5 fans (I'm getting all of them simply because I want volume 15, which has the B5 bible and other amazing things) I think this volume is really cool and good for anyone who's interested. I find they are great to read along with when watching the episodes as there are often little tidbits in the scripts that don't make it into the final episode.

I always wanted to know what happens in the telepath wars that are hinted all over B5 but never shown. Are the novels about those good?

I always wanted to know what happens in the telepath wars that are hinted all over B5 but never shown. Are the novels about those good?

I don't think there is a novel that covers that yet. The last book in the Psi Corps Trilogy starts after the war is already over. It covers a little of what happened during the war but doesn't really go into detail.

All the B5 novels I've read are pretty good but the Psi Corps trilogy is my favorite.

I don't think there is a novel that covers that yet. The last book in the Psi Corps Trilogy starts after the war is already over. It covers a little of what happened during the war but doesn't really go into detail.

All the B5 novels I've read are pretty good but the Psi Corps trilogy is my favorite.

There are only a few of the novels that are considered canon, would have to check the lurker's guide to find out which ones exactly. The Tep War was avoided on purpose I think because JMS would like to tell it on the screen. He actually mentions this in volume 11 of the script books.

There are only a few of the novels that are considered canon, would have to check the lurker's guide to find out which ones exactly. The Tep War was avoided on purpose I think because JMS would like to tell it on the screen. He actually mentions this in volume 11 of the script books.

I know that "To Dream In The City of Sorrows" is considered 100% canon (JMS wrote a introduction to it saying so) The Psi Corps trilogy, The Legions of Fire trilogy, and the Tecnomage trilogy are all based on outlines by JMS so I guess are at the very least somewhat canon.

As for the rest I don't know. The script books sound really cool. I think I may have to look into getting those.

I know that "To Dream In The City of Sorrows" is considered 100% canon (JMS wrote a introduction to it saying so) The Psi Corps trilogy, The Legions of Fire trilogy, and the Tecnomage trilogy are all based on outlines by JMS so I guess are at the very least somewhat canon.

As for the rest I don't know. The script books sound really cool. I think I may have to look into getting those.

Yeah I believe City of Sorrows was written by his wife.

Again, when it comes to purchasing the books, unless you are a real die hard fan and want to get volume 15, which is free and only given to people who purchase 1-14, I would recommend only getting those volumes which have your favorite episodes on them. If you have any questions about any of the ones that have been published I can dig them out and give you a summary of what is in them.

I think that would make an awesome mini-series or movie. The evil teps make great bad guys.

Well depending how TLT goes we might be seeing it soon. The 2nd DVD in TLT is supposed to be centered around Garabaldi (I love the way Peter Jurrasik says it early in the series "Mr. Garabaldiiii"), although not to much besides that has been said about it.

Back