New at this

Rampage

Spaceman
Hey, I've been browsing over all of this editing stuff at wcnews.com and was just wondering if someone could give me a clearer picture. Hopefully I haven't missed some little FAQ anywhere because I wouldn't want to annoy anyone with a stupid question. But anyways, this wcpedit.exe, you guys are actually making it so you can use other ships in Prophecy? I found a site explaining how the ships are made, and I believe there's a list of ships that have been uploaded for downloading off this page, but how do you actually import them?

Also, in the files section there are the news briefs that were missing from the PC version of WC3, how would you incorporate those?

Thanks and sorry if this is a really dumb question!:D

We'll start with the easiest question...
1. In the files section there are the news briefs that were missing from the PC version of WC3, how would you incorporate those?
You may not incorporate the news briefs into the game. You can only view them separately. To view them, use a program like Real... Real... oh, I always forget what the damn thing is called. RealViewer?

Now then...

2. What is WCPEdit?
WCPEdit is a nifty little program which can be used to edit the stats of existing ships, guns, and missiles; it does not, in itself, create new ships (on the other hand, if you create a new ship, WCPEdit can then be used to edit it). You can find WCPEdit over on Thomas Bruckner's page.

3. How do you use new ships in WCP?
Well, there are two ways. The first method is to use WCPEdit. WCPEdit has a feature called the "ship switcher", which allows you to replace existing WCP/SO ships with new ones. For example, you could get it to replace the Piranha with the Avenger, if you felt like it. This option is useful if you simply want to test a particular ship or want to create a what-if scenario (what if, for example, you had to fly all SO missions in a Piranha).
The second method is more complicated (much, much, much, much, much, much, much more complicated :)), and that is, to create your own missions. If you create your own mission, you can use any ship you like, provided you've got it sitting in your WCP/SO folder. But to do that, you have to know how to create your own missions...

Hope that helps :).

Back