New 3D Thread

Thanks very much, guys! @Oggy/Sylvester, yep! They're imbedded in the nose. I tried to stay faithful to the original and Howie's design, but I couldn't handle those tusks hanging out into space.

Attachments

• ScimitarMuzzle.jpg
    ScimitarMuzzle.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
While I understand why they did it that way in the original design(oooo shiney big guns). I personally appreciate your version for its more logical and realistic approach.

There are many great songs un-written and un-sung regarding the lowly wagon driver, plowshare, shipwright, supply officer and transport captain.

Only the elites fought the space war, the hundreds of thousands of nobles, barons, princes, second royal cousins twice removed- all too frequently scorned those in transport and supply. Theirs was the world of power, battles, and glory. Ours was the world of service. Humility and humiliation combined. Many warriors relegated to logistics were so tempted by Zu'kara that the priestesses issued an edict that those in supply were forbidden to practice the right. They worked hard to convince us that we were serving Sivar in our own way, but we knew the words were hollow. If Sivar was truly the way, why would he deny so many of his willing faithful the chance to do as he required?

Only the leaders who had risen from dust and obscurity on nothing but merrit- only they respected us and used us correctly. But they were always too few. The pampered fools who perpetuated the war to stay in power knew nothing about actually winning them.

And so the war was not won.

-Baghreea 'Baggy' Nar Texas, First Mate, SS Bluebonnet*

*Formerly Rahjtei'itlq'ffrhl'lsk Nar Poghath, Transport Division.
Dorkir.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Klavs - those slanted structures on either side of the Claw just aft of the bow - are those torpedo launchers?

That hangar is all kinds of awesome, I'd love to see a Wing Commander title using only your models. I want to jump in that Hornet and fight the cats: NOW!

I almost hate myself for saying this since you've already done a great job obviously:But, if you do more of these same great images, try and add some munititions & equipment like on a modern day carrier.

Here is the example I'm thinking of below. (again dont of my comments as criticism because I love your work and I want more of it. I hope you'll think of this as inspiration rather :))
eisenhower-personnel-and-supplies-fill-hangar-bay_100204.png

I usually give 3D modellers a pass on that kinda thing FredDude since each one is its own little pile of work and even just 6 or 7 of those bits and bobs to add into a scene can take a lot of time. Once done they're re-usable forever, but Im far more interested in the "big ticket" items than the doodads that add to the realism ;)

Thanks guys, I like the criticism! Keep it coming! The hangar is still very much a work in progress. There's always more detail to add.

:) Ok, I couldn't just leave her with only two engines. Didn't seem right.
I agree Klavs, it looks much better with the quad spread.

Just thought of a spectacular image idea. Polowski's ill-fated 3rd Destroyer squadron's charge against the Craxtha. Some poetic license I suppose, Exeters with Gilgamesh or not.

I agree Klavs, it looks much better with the quad spread.

Just thought of a spectacular image idea. Polowski's ill-fated 3rd Destroyer squadron's charge against the Craxtha. Some poetic license I suppose, Exeters with Gilgamesh or not.

It's on my mind. I've just got to build a Gilgamesh and a Craxtha first! :)

Maybe going a LITTLE over zealous with the WW2 analogies, but I think I like it anyway!

Attachments

• KarnesDoubleNuts.jpg
    KarnesDoubleNuts.jpg
    789.5 KB · Views: 380
Looking forward for a Waterloo or a Confederation :)

Special the Waterloo. It is already in the WC1 Timeline. Remember the Leningrad. Destroyed by Hobbes Fralthi.

Maybe going a LITTLE over zealous with the WW2 analogies, but I think I like it anyway!

Holy crap Klavs, is that supposed to be a Hellcat? If so, that is awesome!

--EDIT-- Ah it's labeled Karnes - probably a Wildcat then.

Last edited:
I love your enthusiasm, and I make the same connection myself, but I'd like to make sure everyone is on the same page as far as it "probably" being a Wildcat. The connection suggested by Action Stations is still mostly "wouldn't it be cool if..." fan lore. It's certainly something clever that a future official WC product could well cement into reality, and I'd welcome any artist to draw such a parallel in their own work.

But for background clarification: the ship in Academy was most certainly intended to be a Hellcat. It serves alongside many WC3 ships that have been animated back into the 2650s. Most clearly: the TV series was made in 1996, and "Wildcat" wasn't invented by Forstchen until 1997. :)

https://www.wcnews.com/news/2004/09/10/ships-of-the-animated-series-hellcat-v

Last edited by a moderator:
Back