Nephilim?

C

Chance

i seen some of u guys refer to the bugs in WCP as the Nephilim
in my ICIS book it says that the Kilrathi Propechy is alot like a bunch of human ones
and that the Nephilim are of the Hebrew legend
and it means Giants in earth
it says no where thats what the new enemy is the Nephilim
heres one such post referring to the bugs as "Nephilim"
Gunner: The Nephilim ships are living things right??
want more i can post more

Yes the Nephilim ships are living, but you shouldn't ask Gunner that, she's baned.

Kalkrath- exactly. It's just a code name. I think it came from the bible.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

i never asked gunner i searched through page 2 of this forum and his was the first to mention them
personally i call the bug Kn'Thrak due to the kilrathi believe these are the ones to create the void
also the bugs state there numbers shall obliterate the stars hence the void spoken of
also Zero says that the word Kn'Thrak can also mean evil, or death if i remember correctly

------------------
ummm i dunno
i just don't wanna leave this blank :p

Chance, you did ask Gunner.

Chance: "Gunner: The Nephilim ships are living things right??"

That was a question addressed to Gunner.

The bugs have been designated "Nephilim" by confed, so calling them Kn'Thrak is incorrect. I find it annoying as well, so it's advisable you start calling them "Bugs," or "Nephilim," real quick.

Zero never said "Kn'Thrak," could have multiple meanings. Since there's no direct, single-word translation into English, he tried to give a general idea of the feel of the word.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

[This message has been edited by Frosty (edited January 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Frosty (edited January 16, 2000).]

gunner had nothing to do with it i copyed and pasted one of his earlier post before the final banning
go to page 2 on the general chats main page and look for a post made by gunner its there
oh and frosty youe the idiot

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 16, 2000).]

Heheh Kalkrath, he's the one with 2.

------------------

-Frosty

if i was asking gunner i would have said
"Gunner the Nephilim ships are living right?"
but i said
"heres one such post referring to the bugs as "Nephilim"
Gunner: The Nephilim ships are living things right?? "
note what i stated before i posted gunners message'ahh forget it
just close this thread
its alos not correct that a moderator can label a member "idiot" and then close the thread
sure we be rude we get in trouble they be rude they close the thread

Chance, if you want me to understand what you're attempting to say, try to speak coherantly. You're all jumbled.

------------------

-Frosty

i'm just saying i don't believe its right Moderater can be a jerk toward members and the members can't do anything without being banned or something
i seen boards like that before and there no fun
just close this thread and e-mail me if ya still unclear

actually i think u guys should double read something if u don't catch it the first time though
OR join a real forum in wich REAL people on the net chat and learn some more forum lingo
or be one of nutcases that stays to one place and knows nothing but what he/she sees in one game/program
in truth i am one of the nutcases, but i venture between games and progs
mostly flight sims and first person shooters.
but then i try to get back to the roots of my computer gaming
in this i mean my FIRST game EVER was WC (WC2 deluxe actually)
but instead i get insulted, and i quote from frosty
"Wow, Chance you're an idiot"
thats all he said no reason just plain outright "Wow, Chance you're and idiot"
now where did that come from?
gimme a reason and i'm off otherwise i'll stay.
strange thing is a moderator can insult me (or anyone else) and close a thread in wich i (or someone else) try to state a point, but if i decide to return the insult i get flamed hmmmm
not right.

as for my grammer
its basic web grammer
play a few multiplayer games if u punctuate (SP?)
every other word the game won't paste it all
and half your message is erased
so i (and many others) have adapted to this and never bother with it

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 17, 2000).]

Yeah Frosty, explain yourself. Closing threads ok, but why the abusive language? Are we all so inferiour that you must constantly show your "superiority" by insulting us?

------------------
The time is near.
There are 348 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Chance- basic web grammar? Never heard of that. Is it so hard to try and type without that much errors? I also have to agree with Frosty, you do make a lot of mistakes in your grammar.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

agreed i make mistakes,
often, the agian my reading level was always higher than my writing/typing
and i live in a rather small own
my mothers part hill billie (sp?) (her mothers family were the first in N.Y state from virginia (in the mountains) and she got the accentO
and i picked up a few old accents and never bother to punctuate on the side, i also tend to use my accent in my writing/typing
i'm useually a careless fool true
my grammer sucks true but i am human remember
also i'd love to live in a doghouse
tried once but my parents wouldn't let me cause the rott's that alread lived there (4 of'em and there my best freinds)

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 17, 2000).]

Feel free to point them out then. If I make so many mistakes, it doesn't look good when I correct people.

Still, regardless of my mistakes, at least I *try* to type properly, which is more than can be said for Chance.

Chance: If you continue to exhibit this kind of behavior, you'll be in the doghouse real quick. The others did nothing to you, and I've done very little by comparison to what I am capable of. Were I you, I'd try my best to make nice with everyone very soon.

------------------

-Frosty

Some friendly advice for you Chance, as a fellow CZ poster (not an admin):

When making a post, before you hit "Submit Reply"...

1) Think about what you want to say.
2) Take the time to type it in. Not "type slowly," but garbling every 5th character (not that you did that specifically) tends to downgrade the readability of a post.
3) When you're done, re-read what you wrote. If possible ask for someone else's opinion, strictly in terms of comprehensibility of a post.
4) THEN hit the submit button.
5) Read the finished post AGAIN, looking out for errors that might have been missed. Use that little edit button, and correct the error, then submit the edited post

Yes, that is, relatively speaking, a lot of effort for just one CZ post which in the Grand Scheme of Things[tm] doesn't mean much more than 2 squirts of p*ss, but it'll paint a better picture of you in the minds of your readers.

(to all)
Remember, for the most part all we the readers know of you (general 'you') is what we read in your posts. If you just throw stuff out in an obviously slap-dash and haphazard manner, the picture painted in the reader's mind tends to be, shall we say, less than complementary. Even if one is the next Einstein or Hawking offline, if their posts make them look like a moron who got booted out of pre-school for low grades, that's the image that will be formed of the poster, and all parties will be worse off for it.

Now, as an Administrator...

I'm not requiring anyone to do the above, nor will I ban them solely because they don't. However, if one's posts paint a picture of an idiot in action (with apologies to Bill Cosby), that will affect my judgement, generally in a way that doesn't bode well for the "idiot" in question.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 17, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also quite nice if things like "I" and the beggining of sentances are caps. Net jargon doesn't need to be incoherent, but it can become so if one becomes careless... It makes it a hell of alot easier to read... Net lingo is normally created to make typing faster, but skipping caps and punctuation (especially when you seem to hit <Return> at the end of every sentance, doesn't slow you down much.

Just a suggestion from your friendly neighborhood TC
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Too bad being comprehensible doesn't necessarily lead to making sense...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 18, 2000).]

Back