I tried running Prophecy/Secret Ops in WINE recently. I got playback to work but yeah fullscreen video (HD Mod) was completely broken. I'd be interested in looking at the Force Feedback support in Prophecy/Secret Ops as I have a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. What I really want to do is mod WC3/4 for force feedback. Kilrathi Saga could potentially get modded.One is coming soon, with a fix for fullscreen FMV (so long as you run at your monitors native resolution)
Any chance this hack would work on SecretOps?
I've tested the patch, it's not working when I run Prophecy. I'm on a Linux PC running WINE. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick. When I run Starlancer in WINE Force Feedback works correctly. Wing Commander Prophecy/Secret Ops work with DLL Injection mods in WINE so I'm not quite sure why this is failing, I suspect it'll be because dsound.dll is being used as the injection point.
No, I have no experience with detours/hooking code, I just have experience with C++ programming and writing a lot of Linux apps.Hi Darkimage,
It is clear that you are very expert and probably you have more experience then me
here the source code:
Before start to check take present these thinks:
1) You can customize every effect without change the source code (just edit files in the foìlder (FFB_Files)
2) Charging Mass (no effect) becouse is not detected by hook probably becouse fire only when you release.
3) Is possible apply the fix to SecretOps just find with IDA the equivalent function and replace it to ffback.ini (without change the source code).
4) Afterburner force feedback rumble effect, yes if possible I will do.
5) Yank the stick when the ship starts to take damage, already done when you solve the problem with wine will be work.
6) There are many log lines that are disabled and can be useful in this case.
7) When all problems will be solved and it is the moment the play, disable the log (LOG_ENABLE = 0.) because drop the framerate.
Only for my curiosity: the is one of my first program in c++, do you have experience with detours and hook in general ?