Nasa Tv

Therein

Spaceman
Thourght people might find this intresting.

This is a link to NASA TV. Its on 24/7 realtime video of the space shuttle atlantice which is currently docked with the international space station. It has the communication between huston and the shuttle along with commentry which comes and goes if there is something going on. All you need in Widows mindia player and it should work.

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1369080&segment=149773

My family actually has NASA TV as part of the cable package. It's kind of odd, since it's pretty bare-bones in other respects, but hey, there's NASA TV!

Most of the time it's just routine reports and the occasional press conference, nothing particularly interesting, but I did catch part of the infamous Beatles Apollo documentary that apparently ticked off the administrators when it first came out. Watching a Saturn V lift off to muted strains of 'Yellow Submarine' is an oddly powerful experience.

I'd wager that a good percentage of cable packages have NASA TV, since cable companies don't have to pay anyone to license it.

(On a related note, HDNet covers the actual launches and they look *amazing*. The STS-122 recording is eating up some giant amount of space on my Tivo and I can't bring myself to delete it...)

Yeah, when we had DirecTV (grey-market), I watched NASA TV quite a bit during the launches and missions. Luckily, they do have online streaming video - quite fun to watch.

As for the TiVo... well, use TiVoToGo and extract that video already!

Back