*naked* kilrathi model

NinjaLA

Alex Von T.
I decided to make a poseable kilrathi model .. no textures yet, no skeleton.. but the shape is pretty well done.

nekkidkilrathi.jpg

I thought Kilrathi had 4 digits on each appendage, hence their 8-based counting system as opposed to our 10-based counting system.

I thought Kilrathi had 4 digits on each appendage, hence their 8-based counting system as opposed to our 10-based counting system.

It depends on which game... usually they have 4. Real cats (and yes I know that Kilrathi aren't actually related to Earth Cats) have five on the front and four on the back, with some people getting the extra front one removed.

I thought it was only Hemingway's freakish harem of inbred cats that had more than four toes. I've even heard some of them have six to a paw, as opposed to my seven on my hands and three on my feet.
Oh and don't forget the webbing.
:D

PS:
The model looks really good. The claws are nicely implemented into the hands.

I had to make a priority trip out of town today. but I'll work on this a bit more over the next few days.. I think the legs are pretty broken at the moment...and I'll detail up the head a bit more.. right now I think its around 200k polys so its not exactly a game model.. would be nice in video format though.

It depends on which game... usually they have 4. Real cats (and yes I know that Kilrathi aren't actually related to Earth Cats) have five on the front and four on the back, with some people getting the extra front one removed.

6 front, 5 back actually - you probably miss the 'thumb'.
But one is without a claw giving them 5 claws at the front and 4 on the back.

And you do WHAT!?!? Remove digits of cats?!?!?!?!?! WHY ON EARTH?!?

6 front, 5 back actually - you probably miss the 'thumb'.
But one is without a claw giving them 5 claws at the front and 4 on the back.

And you do WHAT!?!? Remove digits of cats?!?!?!?!?! WHY ON EARTH?!?

I don't, but yes, some people get the dew claws removed. My guess would be because they're scratchy. Why do people cut the tails off of poodles?

I know about the (whacko) american idea of removing the claws of cats.
However you said DIGITS. Removing claws is one thing. Removing the whole digit would be one perverse step further.

Well the dewclaw is a digit. It is usually removed from cats and dogs for perceived safety reasons (the dewclaw may catch on something while the animal is running and rip off causing possible infection) or sake of appearance.

Ah, ok, vocabulary weakness by me.
I am truely glad, that that would be illegal here.

number of digits

Actually, depending on the type of cat it can vary from one species to the next. (short hair domestic, long hair domestic, pursian, siamese, wild cat, larger cats like tigers lions cheetahs, panthers, etc).

Ancient (pre-sentient) kilrathi aside, given their base-8 number system, it would suggest they have a total of 4 digits per hand (i.e. three fingers and a thumb).

Given that it varies among feline species it may well vary to a degree within some of the greater or lesser clans. Consider how some kili appear more lion-like and others are more tiger-like in appearance and coloration.

Best references: Anyone got pic's from Hobbes when he pull the cards off the poker table during one of the cut-scenes in WC2? Or maybe a good scan of his hand from one of his scenes in WC3? Or perhaps a good hand-scan from the animated WCA. Those would probably be the best reference points (I'm not sure how many claw-lines got scratched into the poker table, but its probably the easiest way to make a count.)

NOTE: the kili in WCA might have suffered from what some ppl refer to as "the simpsons evolution factor"... namely, artists were lasy and drew three-fingers and a thumb as hands are rarely done in detail and drawing one less finger essentially cuts 20% off the drawning time for the hand (and feet are drawn with four toes instead of five when they get shown. Again due to lasiness, the fact that no one is really going to try to pause the few-seconds its on screen to make an actual count, and the fact that even while one digit short its still close-enough to accurate that our brains will recognize the crude image as a hand or foot.)

Rapier Stardragon

edit: oh, and its a well done model too. Any chance of a female model being done? (doh! I just had to go and open my big anthropomorh/furry-loving mouth, didn't I? At least I didn't suggest he post it on Fchan.)

Back