My turrets talk to me...

chrisgui

Spaceman
This is a hilarious bug (or maybe a feature?)... I'll be in a system alone, and one of my turrets will speak up, giving me an audio message that Hunters sometime give. "Watch your back" or "Things are about to get hot, we should leave."

It's kinda like the pilot's instincts are talking to him. I like to think of it as the result of being cooped up alone in a spacecraft too long. Next thing you know, you're naming your turrets and having conversations with them... LOL!

Incidentally, I only get the audio message and the text message with the turret identifier. There is no accompanying video as you get with a real message from a hunter.

I think it's kinda stupid that you have to turn on the AI all the time. What about hirable gunners or something else you dont have to turn on/off all the time...

Well if you don't want them to talk, don't tell them to "fire at will" tell them to "attack your target" the fire at will AI is the same as the enemy AI...which talks
the fire at target AI is the turret AI

It is an entertaining bug, but it doesn't have to ruin the gaming experience. Hellcat, is there any chance this bug will be fixed in 1.1, or do we just need to take this one as an unalterable bug due to the nature of the engine? It doesn't really bother me, but I'm just curious.

I found it very entertaining. Nothing creates as much atmosphere as when you're cruising around and suddenly your rear turret tells you: "Watch your back". Hilarious.

I think that having the turrets talk to you is fine. I just imagine that I have actual gunners manning my turrets.

Back