My Memory, is bit foggy.

Loozer

Rear Admiral
My Memory, is a bit foggy.

In my past , I knew a friend briefly, that played a game on his mac, Which was, somewhat comparable to Freelancer, I think the game was called Escape Velocity.
Well, I just wanted to know if the game is availlable for a pc under windows. I figured some members on here would know, any info, links ,etc. would be appreciated. Thanks :)

I don't believe Escape Velocity Nova (...or any of the EV games, really) were ever released in a format other than shareware. Which means you have to pay the full thirty dollars after thirty days or Captain Hector blows you up.

That said, I did buy it a year ago. I don't regret it. It's quite literally a top-down 2D Privateer (right down to buying star charts) and the storyline, while text-based, is quite vast and expansive; in the shareware version alone there's something like three career branches you can take, each with two sub-branches.

Definitely a fine game.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

Unfortunately my copy of EVN is broken; I haven't been able to progress through Polaris and nobody seems to know why :(

Thanks everyone! for the links and info on the game. I'm so excited it is available for Windows, I was going to look around for an old MAC to play it, and wasn't too interested in getting another computer, I don't have the room.
Finding this game and reliving old memories is sweet.
Sorry, I started a whole thread wasting space on this topic.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to send links and info!

Back