My Lua Script-Please Help

Jump Scripts

Its been at least 7 months since I last worked on ASITD... thats because it got deleted.

So I'm working on a new one, something I'm just gonna make for the heck of it, not really following WC Canon, even though its a lot more enjoyable that way. Who knows, it might shift there at a later point in time.

Anyways, I've decided to conform to 1.4, and its lua scripting language. BUT, when I downloaded the package, it presented me with a number of files, none of them openable except for the .html's by the apps I have on my computer already.

My question is: is there an executable that'll open up the .lua scripts? I know notepad doesn't work, and the CSS is openable in Excel, but thats all I could discern.

My only concern revolves around the useage of jump points. Stupid me, I pointed my notepad to open up the cutsceneexample_mission.xml (or whatever the name is) and I noticed it had some of the markings of a normal briefing, but it also had scripting...

I'd like the end result to be like a fighter or two jump from system to system. Is that possible? I just thought of something right now: Can you have a whole fleet of ships (9, 11, 24 etc) jump at the same time? or can you only jump one ship per cutscene?

I'm guessing that lua is the only way to create cutscenes??

Thanks for your help, and I am looking forward to reviving my involvement in my FC endevours.

hakatsuru said:
Its been at least 7 months since I last worked on ASITD... thats because it got deleted.

So I'm working on a new one, something I'm just gonna make for the heck of it, not really following WC Canon, even though its a lot more enjoyable that way. Who knows, it might shift there at a later point in time.

Anyways, I've decided to conform to 1.4, and its lua scripting language. BUT, when I downloaded the package, it presented me with a number of files, none of them openable except for the .html's by the apps I have on my computer already.

My question is: is there an executable that'll open up the .lua scripts? I know notepad doesn't work, and the CSS is openable in Excel, but thats all I could discern.

My only concern revolves around the useage of jump points. Stupid me, I pointed my notepad to open up the cutsceneexample_mission.xml (or whatever the name is) and I noticed it had some of the markings of a normal briefing, but it also had scripting...

I'd like the end result to be like a fighter or two jump from system to system. Is that possible? I just thought of something right now: Can you have a whole fleet of ships (9, 11, 24 etc) jump at the same time? or can you only jump one ship per cutscene?

I'm guessing that lua is the only way to create cutscenes??

Thanks for your help, and I am looking forward to reviving my involvement in my FC endevours.

Any text editor will open up a lua script. Notepad for example. To do cutscenes, you do need to do scripting. If you just want ships to jump in at the start, you can do that from the mission editor without any scripting. If you want ships to jump out, you have to script that. You can script any number of ships jumping that you want. And yes, you must script a cutscene.

I have no idea what you mean by css, that's not something I include.

The only file you should be downloading is

http://download.wcnews.com/files/fans/FlightCommander1.4Setup.exe

Ok cool. I'm back in the loop.

The CSS files were the files I downloaded from the actual LUA website, I'm guessing that they're inconsequential to what I'm doing.

What I was thinking of a mission, the first one, is 2 tigersharks leaving a starbase, going to a nav point, jumping to another system, then autpiloting to their new home ship.

My work begins.

Thanks!

Back