MW4 Mercs problems

TurboTim07

Rear Admiral
Anyone here have MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries? I'm having problems getting it to run. It installs correctly and I can load up the game, but after the intro movie the screen goes black and then im back on the my desktop again. It leaves a window that's black with a MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries title bar. nothing happens, main menu doesn't come up or anything. So im stumped as to what's wrong cuz I can see the intro movie like i said earlier. Tried all 4 of the detail settings they give me on start up and nothing still happens. so can anyone help me?

I'm using:
Sony PCG-FRV26 VAIO
2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4
512 MB DDR SDRAM
40 GB hard drive
ATI Radeon IGP 345M
Windows XP Home Edition

I've run it on a considerably older system than yours with no problems. My guess is that your 3D card drivers need updating.

Probably that, I ran this game with everything on max on a athlon xp 1.3Ghz and a geforce 4 mx 440.

Your problem is likely the graphics card, yea... what little I can find indicates that one of the more rare and picky cards. On the upside, www.omegadrivers.net should be able to get you going again - I think they've got one driver bundle, just pick your OS and go. Alternately, just get the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI.

Back