Music, Movies, Models etc.

Forall

Spaceman
Well, this is my first post, so hello!!!

The reasons I have for this post are many fold, so lets get to it.

1. Does anyone know where I can find the Main Theme from Wing Commander the Movie?

2. Is there a Model extractor for Wing Commander so that you can open the file in other programs?

3. Anyone intrested in a Lightwave model of the Vesuvius Carrier and a conversion of the Midway at WC3D? If so, I'll finish the models and post, both are very low detail and one uses the game textures.

4. Last thing, is there an extractor to extract the Jump Sequence images for WCIV or Prophecy?

PS: I've posted on SB, SBA, B5mg, 1stones, if anyone knows me.

------------------
Lightwave RULES, Babylon 5 rules even more!!!!!!

Long LIVE B5: ITF

1. Does anyone know where I can find the Main Theme from Wing Commander the Movie?

Good place to start would be the movie soundtrack. If you don't want to spend any money, you can download a short WC3D movie. It was posted on the CIC during the CIC birthday. It's only 10 megs IIRC, and it has about 1.3 minutes of that music.

2. Is there a Model extractor for Wing Commander so that you can open the file in other programs?

Somewhat, there are some fan made model extractors, but I'm not realy into programing and stuff like that so I don't know how to use them.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

sure but try putting them up in the editing section though, that is also where you could find almost any answers you seek for tech issuse involving editing

You'd best email Hadrian about the WC3D stuff. He prolly won't read this.
As for the model extractor, you can use TreMan to extract all the files from Prophecy and Secret Ops .tre files, and then using Thomas Bruckner's converter thingy, you can convert the ship files to meshes. There is also a program to convert the textures to BMPs.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Back